We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Bon Voyage - subtitles below the screen

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sepiatone

Sepiatone

Enhanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,444 posts
  • LocationLincoln Park, MI

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:45 PM

I haven't seen the short, but I seem to have a somewhat related problem with the CBS network.

They broadcast  in HD, and I lose image around all sides.  And I have a 50" widescreen set.  But I don't have the HD service that my cable service provides, so I know how to remedy the trouble.  Just don't want to pay for the "cure".

Sepiatone

I started out with NOTHING...and still have most of it left!

#2 film lover 293

film lover 293

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,036 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:18 PM

SVF--"Bon Voyage" is available to be seen on archive.org, with English subtitles.  They are low on the picture, but are very readable.  The credits aren't translated, but the dialogue is.

Search "Bon Voyage 1944", and the film should be your first result.

#3 SVF

SVF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:20 PM

They just showed Alfred Hitchcock's short film "Bon Voyage."  Even at the beginning, the bottom line of the subtitles was low, and sometimes partially below the screen.  By the end, only the very top of the bottom line was visible.

I have an old TV so I'm used to having the left and right sides cut off, but never the bottom.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users