We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Three Cheers for Noir Alley

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

There is nothing as bad as something not so bad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,239 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 July 2017 - 04:57 PM

I love it. I love Eddie Muller. I just wish it was scheduled at night.

I agree;   but please explain how you were able to drive on that road without falling off a cliff but you could barely walk or talk once the police pulled you over.    ;)

#2 George Kaplan

George Kaplan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 02:36 AM

I love it. I love Eddie Muller. I just wish it was scheduled at night.

#3 PinkIcicle52

PinkIcicle52

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 05:03 PM

Noir is one of my favorite genres.  Eddie Muller's intros are something I always look forward to.  He gives me just enough but doesn't include any "spoilers" IMO.

macocael, you bring up a good point about the time slot competing with the Sunday papers.  I either have to get some reading done before the movie starts or wait until it is finished.

Do you think this would fly in a prime time slot?  Just saying..............as noir is not a genre that appeals to everyone.

#4 johnm001

johnm001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,976 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 05:36 PM

Not such a fan of his extensive intros.  He says too much, imo, about the upcoming film.  If you haven't seen it, you are hearing too much.  Everything he says after the film is just swell, however.  I've taken to recording and skipping past his intros.

#5 macocael

macocael

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 09:14 AM

Absolutely loving it.  Eddie Muller's substantial intros are excellent and the lineup is great, focusing as it does on some of the less well known but fascinating examples of the genre.  I don't know about the scheduling though -- it competes with the Sunday morning news programs, and it really deserves a prime time slot.

• calvinnme, ChristineHoard, film lover 293 and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users