We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

SPLITTING CALIFORNIA IN TWO

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#1 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,812 posts
  • Locationzaygon hegemony

Posted 19 September 2017 - 02:07 PM

brown-Mexifornia.jpg

this has been american liberalism's problem for decades and trump alluded to it in his UN address...ideology over outcome.

this chronic fruitfly gives no thought to outcome. none! the hollywood celebs will celebrate his senseless insanity...until those they bleed for start breaking into their mansions. :lol:

"okay, so we're moving right along, folks" -al pacino, dog day afternoon

#2 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

Borders, Language, Culture & Christian Nation

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,687 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 19 September 2017 - 01:35 PM

brown-Mexifornia.jpg

Then the Lord descended in the Cloud and stood at the entrance of the Tabernacle. Numbers 12:5

Figure a man's only good for one oath at a time; I took mine to the Confederate States of America. The Searchers --
John Wayne

This most beautiful system of the sun, planets and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being. Isaac Newton  

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. Genesis 1:2

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under. President Ronald Reagan

In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.  Gen. Robert E. Lee

Movies are written in sand: applauded today, forgotten tomorrow. D.W Griffith

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. Steve McQueen

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Perfect freedom has no existence. The grown man knows the world he lives in, and for the present, the world is Rome. Ben Hur

#3 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,687 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 19 September 2017 - 01:35 PM

DjalDA8q_bigger.jpg Townhall.comVerified account @townhallcom 24h24 hours ago

Open The Floodgates: California Becomes A Sanctuary State https://townhall.com...m_medium=social2017-09-16T104229Z_2_LYNXNPED8E0SC_RTROP

Then the Lord descended in the Cloud and stood at the entrance of the Tabernacle. Numbers 12:5

Figure a man's only good for one oath at a time; I took mine to the Confederate States of America. The Searchers --
John Wayne

This most beautiful system of the sun, planets and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being. Isaac Newton  

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. Genesis 1:2

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under. President Ronald Reagan

In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.  Gen. Robert E. Lee

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. Steve McQueen

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Perfect freedom has no existence. The grown man knows the world he lives in, and for the present, the world is Rome. Ben Hur

#4 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,687 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 19 September 2017 - 01:22 PM

5UgMNCwA_bigger.jpg

Spiking Silicon Valley Unemployment Dragging down California’s Economy

Silicon Valley’s unemployment rate has jumped almost a full point since May, to 3.9%. It could reverse California’s epic seven-year economic boom, and could lead to a crash just as epic. Silicon-Valley-Vern-Smith-640x480.jpg

Breitbart >>http://www.breitbart...ornias-economy/

John Wayne

#5 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,687 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 19 September 2017 - 12:45 PM

UcpfGkHu_bigger.jpg CafeNetAmerica @cafenetamerica 4h4 hours ago

California exodus? http://dlvr.it/Pp28lV  RT via @DRUDGE_REPORT #news DKF3tHKV4AAqbSE.jpg

John Wayne

#6 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,687 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:31 PM

GvJ6yAr1_bigger.jpg The Daily CallerVerified account @DailyCaller 9h9 hours ago

Van Full Of Illegal Immigrants Tries Wrong-Way Escape On California Highway, Gets 2 Killed http://trib.al/SM51TeO DKBLqcdWsAEdCAo.jpg

John Wayne

#7 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,687 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 16 September 2017 - 12:08 PM

UcpfGkHu_bigger.jpg CafeNetAmerica @cafenetamerica 2h2 hours ago

San Diego struggling with huge hepatitis outbreak. Coming to L.A.? http://dlvr.it/PnQfzh  RT via @DRUDGE_REPORT #newsDJ2rLiPUQAAbA9c.jpg

John Wayne

#8 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,687 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 15 September 2017 - 11:05 AM

LzFJIDes_bigger.jpg

#PJMedia @PJMedia_com 18h18 hours ago

A warning about this kind of CA thinking: "It will spread, and it must be fought." http://bit.ly/2xocGJv  #CApoliticsAP_17111654933250.sized-770x415xc.jpg

John Wayne

#9 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,276 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:51 PM

UcpfGkHu_bigger.jpg CafeNetAmerica‏ @cafenetamerica 2h2 hours ago

Majority of California Dems favor restrictions on free speech http://dlvr.it/PmxN8B #tcotDJroYHPV4AAFUSi.jpg

There have always been restrictions on freedom of speech--every halfway intelligent person knows that.

*You can't run into a theater and scream "fire" when there is no fire-- that's against the law. Because to do so would cause unnecessary panic and could lead to some people being injured or killed in the melee.

**And you can't have campaign rallies where you encourage your supporters to attack and physically assault people who disagree with them or who are of A different race, ethnicity or religion--

that's called inciting to Riot and that too is against the law.
  • midwestan likes this

#10 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,276 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:46 PM

UcpfGkHu_bigger.jpg CafeNetAmerica‏ @cafenetamerica 3h3 hours ago

Catholic Saint Statue Beheaded in California, Splashed with Red Paint... http://dlvr.it/PmwPPw RT via @DRUDGE_REPORT #newsDJrRuRKUEAA2YPM.jpg

From some of the right-wing attacks and vilification I've seen on this website against Pope Francis, I wouldn't be surprised if it was an extreme right-wing person who did this.

#11 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,687 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:27 AM

UcpfGkHu_bigger.jpg CafeNetAmerica @cafenetamerica 3h3 hours ago

Catholic Saint Statue Beheaded in California, Splashed with Red Paint... http://dlvr.it/PmwPPw  RT via @DRUDGE_REPORT #newsDJrRuRKUEAA2YPM.jpg

John Wayne

#12 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,687 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:25 AM

UPDATE: California city declares state of emergency over homelessness... http://dlvr.it/Pmx2Tw  RT via @DRUDGE_REPORT #newsDJrgzZEVwAA60RG.jpg

John Wayne

#13 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,687 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:22 AM

Majority of California Dems favor restrictions on free speech http://dlvr.it/PmxN8B  #tcotDJroYHPV4AAFUSi.jpg

John Wayne

#14 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,687 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 09 September 2017 - 01:22 PM

GvJ6yAr1_bigger.jpg The Daily CallerVerified account @DailyCaller 16h16 hours ago

California Moves To Bar Landlords From Reporting Illegal Immigrant Tenants http://trib.al/tm66jkL DJP1-jAUQAAH3BP.jpg

John Wayne

#15 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,687 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 31 August 2017 - 11:31 AM

m0i36531_bigger.jpg O.C. Register‏Verified account @ocregister Aug 29

Fountain Valley residents say encroaching homeless encampment needs attention http://dlvr.it/PjWC0M DIb8AChUMAAlLu-.jpg

John Wayne

#16 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,687 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:25 AM

The Daily Caller Retweeted

John Wayne

#17 hamradio

hamradio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,446 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:20 PM

RY6ugXx-_bigger.jpg L.A. Daily News‏Verified account @ladailynews 34m34 minutes ago

LAPD asks public how it should use drones....

DH2OyAmU0AQ42kM.jpg

.....For target practice. :angry:

1352058944685412198.jpg

#18 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,687 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:06 PM

RY6ugXx-_bigger.jpg L.A. Daily NewsVerified account @ladailynews 34m34 minutes ago

LAPD asks public how it should use drones http://dlvr.it/PgrWwW DH2OyAmU0AQ42kM.jpg

John Wayne

#19 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,687 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 20 August 2017 - 10:48 AM

test

John Wayne

#20 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,687 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 20 August 2017 - 10:39 AM

inm00S9s_bigger.jpg Washington ExaminerVerified account @dcexaminer 41m41 minutes ago

Tech billionaire Tom Draper wants to split California into three states http://washex.am/2wtOcxQ DHroOqXU0AAMIOc.jpg

John Wayne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users