We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Splitting California in two

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#41 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

Borders, Language, Culture & Christian Nation

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,329 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:35 PM

GvJ6yAr1_bigger.jpg

The Daily CallerVerified account @DailyCaller 2h2 hours ago

California’s Governor Pours Cold Water On Anti-Fracking Movement http://trib.al/0Y9kkxm pic.twitter.com/Qb1EEjx8QQ

DAcTtSGWAAAXGvF.jpg

This most beautiful system of the sun, planets and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being. Isaac Newton  

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. Genesis 1:2

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under. President Ronald Reagan

In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.  Gen. Robert E. Lee

The principle for which we contend is bound to reassert itself, though it may be at another time and in another form.   Jefferson Davis

Movies are written in sand: applauded today, forgotten tomorrow. D.W Griffith

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. Steve McQueen

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Perfect freedom has no existence. The grown man knows the world he lives in, and for the present, the world is Rome. Ben Hur 

A man's got to have a code, a creed to live by, no matter his job. The Immortal John Wayne

#42 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,329 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 21 May 2017 - 01:37 PM

XMWy2Z50_bigger.jpeg

Los Angeles TimesVerified account @latimes 19h19 hours ago

Ahead of showdown over who will lead California Democrats, "Berniecrats" have a message: "We don't have to behave" http://www.latimes.c...-htmlstory.html

streambe_ee518aad-40c5-3656-ad04-271f9e9

This most beautiful system of the sun, planets and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being. Isaac Newton  

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. Genesis 1:2

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under. President Ronald Reagan

In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.  Gen. Robert E. Lee

The principle for which we contend is bound to reassert itself, though it may be at another time and in another form.   Jefferson Davis

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. Steve McQueen

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Perfect freedom has no existence. The grown man knows the world he lives in, and for the present, the world is Rome. Ben Hur 

A man's got to have a code, a creed to live by, no matter his job. The Immortal John Wayne

#43 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,329 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 20 May 2017 - 11:37 AM

OC-0q9dF_bigger.jpg

The Sacramento BeeVerified account @sacbee_news 12h12 hours ago

Nurses heckle Democratic leader, threaten legislators over health carehttp://sacb.ee/9RUc 

#44 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,329 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:45 AM

Breitbart News Retweeted UwPiFdnP_bigger.jpgJoel B. Pollak @joelpollak 2h2 hours ago

Jerry Brown: California Taxpayers are 'Freeloaders' - Breitbart http://www.breitbart...rs-freeloaders/

Jerry-Brown-minimum-wage-15-Getty-640x48

#45 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,329 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 13 May 2017 - 10:09 AM

wp-foxnewsheadlines_bigger.jpg

Fox NationVerified account @foxnation May 12

Enraged Californians Rebel Against Gov. Brown's Massive #Tax Hike On #Cars And #Gashttp://bit.ly/2qcQhZK 

may12_brown.jpg

#46 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,329 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 13 May 2017 - 09:56 AM

XMWy2Z50_bigger.jpeg

Los Angeles TimesVerified account @latimes 8h8 hours ago

Gov. Brown asks President Trump for help on the California bullet train http://lat.ms/2puD41p 

C_r937UXYAAO14f.jpg

#47 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,329 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 11 May 2017 - 09:51 AM

4fgNVF4H_bigger.jpg

BloombergVerified account @business 19m19 minutes ago California's Gov. Brown braces for the end of the bull run with a cautious budget https://bloom.bg/2qXsJuW pic.twitter.com/cl3xaLZb0q

C_jXwzgXsAAU-AN.jpg

#48 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,329 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 11 May 2017 - 09:26 AM

XMWy2Z50_bigger.jpeg

Los Angeles TimesVerified account @latimes 49m49 minutes ago

Candidates to lead state Democrats hold testy debate: "Are we the party of Wall St. or the party of Occupy?" http://lat.ms/2q7NCAB 

C_jK3QTXYAIeb6o.jpg

#49 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,329 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 09 May 2017 - 07:02 AM

XMWy2Z50_bigger.jpeg

Los Angeles TimesVerified account @latimes 12h12 hours ago

Being a Communist would no longer be cause for losing a state job under bill narrowly approved in Assembly http://www.latimes.c...-htmlstory.html

#50 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,329 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 04 May 2017 - 10:34 AM

XMWy2Z50_bigger.jpeg

Los Angeles TimesVerified account @latimes 18h18 hours ago

Environmental groups sue to block Trump's offshore drilling order http://lat.ms/2pGiurE 

C-7vanGXgAIo9ZZ.jpg

#51 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,329 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 04 May 2017 - 10:31 AM

XMWy2Z50_bigger.jpeg

Los Angeles TimesVerified account @latimes 15h15 hours ago

California's House Republicans are crucial to the healthcare vote. More than half are undecided http://lat.ms/2paisHM 

C-8Zv5JXgAQ7Mr7.jpg

#52 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,329 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 04 May 2017 - 10:28 AM

XMWy2Z50_bigger.jpeg

Los Angeles TimesVerified account @latimes 3h3 hours ago

In Silicon Valley, even mobile homes are getting too pricey for longtime residents http://lat.ms/2qvziot 

C---jxJUIAAPGGy.jpg

#53 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,329 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 04 May 2017 - 10:27 AM

XMWy2Z50_bigger.jpeg

Los Angeles TimesVerified account @latimes 2h2 hours ago

Berkeley residents aren't happy about the city's shift from the land of free speech to “Fight Club” http://lat.ms/2p0Md1A 

C-_I208XoAEHWtY.jpg

#54 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,329 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 04 May 2017 - 10:25 AM

XMWy2Z50_bigger.jpeg

Los Angeles TimesVerified account @latimes 1h1 hour ago

After mass shootings, Californians respond by getting handguns http://lat.ms/2q2bnx4 

C-_MS-DVoAAqOM_.jpg

#55 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,329 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 02 May 2017 - 09:10 AM

savage_nation_bigger.jpg

SavageNation @SavageNation Apr 30

DRUDGE_REPORT: 1 in 8 children in California schools has illegal immigrant parent... http://bit.ly/2pLLdhH 

#56 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,329 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 02 May 2017 - 08:27 AM

XMWy2Z50_bigger.jpeg

Los Angeles TimesVerified account @latimes 4h4 hours ago

Trump supporters face off with demonstrators http://lat.ms/2pzdntx 

#57 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,329 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 02 May 2017 - 08:26 AM

0F7jfmaf_bigger.jpg

The Washington TimesVerified account @WashTimes 2h2 hours ago

California mulls third gender for driver’s licenses, birth certificates - http://go.shr.lc/2qtg9Ai  - @washtimes

#58 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,329 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 01 May 2017 - 07:12 AM

inm00S9s_bigger.jpg

Washington ExaminerVerified account @dcexaminer 34m34 minutes ago

"California leads from behind on pet welfare" http://washex.am/2pzvmSw 

C-vPu-yXUAAuVFW.jpg

#59 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,329 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:36 AM

hHnFe4Sx_bigger.jpg

Fox NewsVerified account @FoxNews 9h9 hours ago

Gov. Jerry Brown keeps Oroville Dam repair costs hidden, state lawmakers say http://fxn.ws/2oTk1JI 

C-iPD-HU0AE3rum.jpg

#60 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,329 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:12 AM

inm00S9s_bigger.jpg

Washington ExaminerVerified account @dcexaminer 3h3 hours ago

California mulls blacklisting contractors that work on Trump's border wall http://washex.am/2oMxW3C 

C-bCgSbXoAAN7pl.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users