We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

"Beauty and the Beast" (2017)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

There is nothing as bad as something not so bad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,496 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 June 2017 - 11:59 AM

I'm sick of musicals! The bloody songs take away from the story, I'd prefer fast forwarding through the songs to continue the story line.

Really?   Most of the time I would rather just not watch the film.    There are some exceptions like Footlight Parade since there is so much wit in the dialog between Cagney and Blondell.    But in most musicals the storyline is mostly predictable fluff.

• rayban likes this

#2 James Wilgus

James Wilgus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 10:25 AM

I'm sick of musicals! The bloody songs take away from the story, I'd prefer fast forwarding through the songs to continue the story line.

#3 markfp2

markfp2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,105 posts
  • LocationUpstate, New York

Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:25 AM

I treated myself to a Blu-Ray of BEAUTY AND THE BEAST and I thought it was visually stunning. I know some people compare it to the animated feature and are disappointed, but I see it more as a screen adaptation of the Broadway show than a movie remake.. 

Some things worked better in one version and some worked better in the other. I thought Beast fighting off the wolves was far more terrifying in new version while I much preferred the  singing voice of Belle in the animated one. Overall I thought Emma Watson was fine but her voice wasn't as strong as it could have been. I'll enjoy having both versions in my collection.

• jaragon, rayban and Russell K like this

#4 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 06:23 PM

This was better than I expected and had a couple of magical moments- not just a rehash of the animated classic

• rayban likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users