We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

"Onibaba" - William Friedkin picked it as most frightening of all time

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 AlamoScout210

AlamoScout210

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, TX

Posted 18 February 2017 - 07:35 PM

It is a terrific movie.

The director made a second film "Kuroneko" which is more overtly supernatural than "Onibaba." I would like to see that one some day.

They are both great, though I still slightly favor Onibaba. I mean just the thunderous theme song alone is a pleasure to listen to.  Kuroneko has the strongest visuals and the creepier FX work, I'll give it that.

"Anybody who doesn't want to hang can step out get shot"

#2 nakano

nakano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 05:36 PM

looking forward to it in december,i remember  the newspapers ads when i was a kid,it seem it played a long time in a first run theatre in Montreal then.

#3 Bronxgirl48

Bronxgirl48

Bronxie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,585 posts
  • LocationThe French Riviera (in my dreams)

Posted 08 March 2007 - 06:18 PM

Yes, I would like to see that one as well!

#4 MikeBSG

MikeBSG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 10:13 AM

It is a terrific movie.

The director made a second film "Kuroneko" which is more overtly supernatural than "Onibaba." I would like to see that one some day.

#5 Bronxgirl48

Bronxgirl48

Bronxie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,585 posts
  • LocationThe French Riviera (in my dreams)

Posted 07 March 2007 - 02:13 AM

This from the man who made "The Exorcist."

I first saw the Japanese "Onibaba" decades ago in Los Angeles; I've never forgotten it. Two women in medieval Japan kill soldiers for profit. There is a feminist theme running through it. It is savage and dark and eerie. I highly recommend.

Would love to see it on TCM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users