We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Any Natalie Wood Fans?

• Please log in to reply
335 replies to this topic

#41 Cecelia41

Cecelia41

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 05:03 PM

This Property is Condemned is my favorite Natalie Wood film. I really enjoyed Splendor in the Grass also. I haven't seen either one of these in a long time. I keep putting them on the suggestion list.

#42 Film_Fatale

Film_Fatale

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,982 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 03:50 PM

I'm really looking forward to that set, even though two of the titles are just double-dips.

#43 MissGoddess

MissGoddess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,749 posts
  • LocationHaleakaloha and Monument Valley

Posted 14 October 2008 - 03:46 PM

I just read in the Upcoming Releases Thread that Natalie's box set will be released
February 2nd!

http://forums.tcm.co...=88225&tstart=0

1-sophia-loren--150x150.jpg

#44 Film_Fatale

Film_Fatale

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,982 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 09:09 PM

I agree, they're lovely photos Sarah.

Anyone else watching *West Side Story* tonight as part of the Mirisch tribute? It's coming up in less than 2 hours! :D

#45 MissGoddess

MissGoddess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,749 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 09:09 AM

Those close-ups are lovely, thank you Sarah!

#46 sarah1493

sarah1493

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 10:13 AM

Close ups

#47 sarah1493

sarah1493

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 10:06 AM

She loved her dogs:

#48 JackFavell

JackFavell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,349 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 06:02 PM

Thanks for those floor pics! I know it's a bit obvious, but she really seems so down to earth in those pics.... I love them.

#49 natfan

natfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 12:58 PM

I love Natalie. She was an incredible person and one of the best actresses of our time
Wagner's book does not reveal anything new about the night she died but he portrays her with love and respect, as well he should. Really, she is the core of the book, She is threaded throughout.

#50 AnnieLaurie

AnnieLaurie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 11:34 AM

Gorgeous photos, thanks so much for sharing. I cannot believe she died at 43. I love Natalie and it is a shame soap opera-ish movie did not do her justice. If my second child had been a girl, it would have been named Natalie or Natalia. My dear grandmother was Ukrainian, have a fondness for Russian names, I have a Nicholas and Alexandra in honor of her memory.

#51 AnnieLaurie

AnnieLaurie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 11:27 AM

Here's two more: This Property is Condemned and Splendor in the Grass

#52 AnnieLaurie

AnnieLaurie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 11:25 AM

Yes, that is a wonderful book about dear Natalie. I recommended it to a friend reading the new Wagner auto bio now. There are so many unanswered questions about her untimely death. I wonder if he will deal with that topic in a frank way in his book. The end of the Finstad book made me cry it was so sad. She was a great talent and beauty. Natasha: The Story of Natalie Wood+ by Suzanne Finstad was voted best movie biography in 2001, is still available through Amazon and Barnes & Noble and was recommended by Natalie's sister Lana. Lana was plenty to say about Wagner.

#53 Film_Fatale

Film_Fatale

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,982 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 07:12 PM

> {quote:title=sarah1493 wrote:}{quote}
> Some floor pics - first three are from the 60's and last two are from the 50's. If you read the bio Natasha by Suzanne Finstad, you'd know that Natalie loved and collected stuffed tigers and treated them like her protectors.
>

I didn't actually know about the stuffed tigers, but they look adorable. :x

#54 sarah1493

sarah1493

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 05:39 PM

*LOVE.*

With RJ;

Alright, I'm done for today. lol

#55 sarah1493

sarah1493

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 05:33 PM

Some floor pics - first three are from the 60's and last two are from the 50's. If you read the bio Natasha by Suzanne Finstad, you'd know that Natalie loved and collected stuffed tigers and treated them like her protectors.

#56 MissGoddess

MissGoddess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,749 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 05:23 PM

I love the one in red! She looked smashing in vibrant colors. The one with the little
bird is adorable.

#57 sarah1493

sarah1493

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 05:21 PM

#58 MissGoddess

MissGoddess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,749 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 08:07 AM

Lovely pictures, Sarah! These are so great, most I've never seen before.

I'm just getting into the second chapter of Wagner's book. I love how he described
when he was 12 years old he was at the country club where many of the stars played
and he looked over to where a group of golfers were gathered and there was Gary Cooper,
Clark Gable, Cary Grant, Fred Astaire and Randloph Scott! The way he described them,
how this first glimpse of them didn't disappoint at all (the way stars sometimes do when
you meet them), was so cute.

#59 Film_Fatale

Film_Fatale

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,982 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 08:11 PM

> {quote:title=sarah1493 wrote:}{quote}
> Tomorrow: More Natasha and RJ, some more 50's pics, and I have some floor ones for you, Jack ;) And thanks for the nice comments everyone!
>

And thank you for sharing with your fellow TCM fans. B-)

#60 sarah1493

sarah1493

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 08:02 PM

Words cannot describe how big I smile everytime I see this one...It's definitely in my top ten favorites of her!

Tomorrow: More Natasha and RJ, some more 50's pics, and I have some floor ones for you, Jack ;) And thanks for the nice comments everyone!

Message was edited by: sarah1493

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users