We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

September 2017 TCM Spotlight: Motion Picture & Television Fund

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BLACHEFAN

BLACHEFAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • LocationTampa, Fl.

Posted 19 August 2017 - 02:38 PM

I also have to point out that I watched The Way We Were (1973) on dvd for the first time, I thought it was a terrific film to watch with two of my favorite stars in the picture Barbra Streisand and Robert Redford with a winning combo directed by Sydney Pollack and written by Arthur Laurents for his beautiful screenplay and songs by composer Marvin Hamlisch.

#2 BLACHEFAN

BLACHEFAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • LocationTampa, Fl.

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:46 AM

One of my favorite films on the TCM Spotlight for September is Victor/Victoria (1982). Julie Andrews is terrific in the film and Blake Edwards did an amazing job in directing this comedy with brilliant timing/pace and bringing a social commentary in the forefront that was completely unexpected for the time.

#3 Barton_Keyes

Barton_Keyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationLeamington, Ontario

Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:39 AM

Ben Mankiewicz's Top Pick for September on TCM is CINDERELLA LIBERTY (1973), airing as part of TCM's tribute to the Motion Picture Television Fund (MPTF). Here's his column on the film: http://www.tcm.com/t...-the-Month.html.

Mankiewicz calls this festival "one of the most meaningful Spotlight series we've ever done." Mankiewicz will be joined by no fewer than fifteen guest co-hosts -- each of whom is either a resident, volunteer or supporter of the MPTF. Each co host picked one of the film's in TCM's lineup, usually one they worked on in some capacity.

Mankiewicz will be introducing CINDERELLA LIBERTY with director Mark Rydell.

#4 Barton_Keyes

Barton_Keyes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationLeamington, Ontario

Posted 06 June 2017 - 07:30 AM

spotlightsep2017_apt_678x230_08252017113

TCM salutes past and present residents and supporters of the Motion Picture & Television Country House and Hospital, each Wednesday night in September.

636038514137257792-1.-In-her-first-movie

​105-year-old actress Connie Sawyer, the oldest living member of the Screen Actors Guild and a resident of the Motion Picture Home, joins TCM's Ben Mankiewicz on September 6 to introduce her feature film debut, A HOLE IN THE HEAD.

September 6

​LITTLE ANNIE ROONEY ('25)

​SHOWFOLK (2014)

​A HOLE IN THE HEAD ('59)

​THE WAY WE WERE ('73)

HANNAH AND HER SISTERS ('86)

Lillian+Michelson+TCM+Classic+Film+Festi

​Lillian Michelson, 89, pictured above with Danny DeVito at the 2016 TCM Classic Film Festival, joins TCM's Ben Mankiewicz on September 13 to discuss a 2015 documentary about her life with her late husband, storyboard artists Harold Michelson.

​September 13

HAROLD AND LILLIAN: A HOLLYWOOD LOVE STORY (2015)

​CINDERELLA LIBERTY ('73)

​MY FAIR LADY ('64)

VICTOR/VICTORIA ('82)

​September 20

​IN THE HEAT OF THE NIGHT ('67)

​ROUSTABOUT ('65)

THE STONE KILLER ('73)

​A STAR IS BORN ('37)

KLUTE ('71)

​September 27

​HEIDI ('37)

SEALED CARGO ('51)