We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

AMERICA HELD HOSTAGE BY TRUMP/ THESE ARE THE TIMES THAT TRY MEN'S SOULS

• Please log in to reply
372 replies to this topic

#21 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,276 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 01:48 AM

DAY 243

" Where Justice is denied,

Where poverty is enforced,

Where ignorance prevails,

and where any one class is made to feel that

Society is an Orgnized Conspiracy

To oppress,

Rob and

Degrade them,

Neither persons nor property will be safe. "

Frederick Douglass,

A mixed-race escaped slave from the white slave master who was his father

Abolitionist

Autobiographer: Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, An American Slave

Advisor to President Abraham Lincoln on The Emancipation Proclamation

#22 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,812 posts
  • Locationzaygon hegemony

Posted 18 September 2017 - 05:20 PM

Equal, equality; Liberty, Liberty are words from the
Declaration of Independence.

What you call liberal social terms are terms that Thomas Jefferson utilized in the Declaration of Independence to put down the founding principles of the United States of America, July 4th, 1776.

If you don't agree with that wording, then

Apparently you don't agree with The Declaration of Independence, the principles for which this country stands.

well, I do know this. it is an absolute physical impossibility for anyone to enjoy the fruits of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness if they are not first permitted to be born:P  :D

"okay, so we're moving right along, folks" -al pacino, dog day afternoon

#23 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,276 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 03:26 PM

DAY 242

" For most of us Fidelity is Faithfulness to an Obligation, Trust, or Duty.

For the Men and Women of the FBI, Fidelity also means Fidelity to Country.

It means Fidelity to Justice and the Law,

Fidelity to the Constitution,

Fidelity to Equality and Liberty. "

Robert Mueller

6th Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Sept. 2001-Sept. 2013

(Below as referenced to the last line in this quote: " Equality and Liberty "

#24 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,276 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 03:24 PM

DAY 142

" We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

can't agree with his last line as those are liberal social terms. everything above that is square with America.

Equal, equality; Liberty, Liberty are words from the
Declaration of Independence.

What you call liberal social terms are terms that Thomas Jefferson utilized in the Declaration of Independence to put down the founding principles of the United States of America, July 4th, 1776.

If you don't agree with that wording, then

Apparently you don't agree with The Declaration of Independence, the principles for which this country stands.

#25 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

There is nothing as bad as something not so bad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,235 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 September 2017 - 12:07 PM

"Equality and Liberty" are liberal social terms, and shouldn't be agreed with? That says a lot about you if you really think so.

I knew he was misguided and clueless but this takes the cake.    He has so much hate that he forgot that this nation was founded on the principles of equality and liberty.     Like I said he needs to move to a country where Islam is the law of the land and convert to being a Muslim.      None of that evil liberal equality and liberty in those countries!     :blink:

#26 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Hothead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,693 posts
  • Locationaround the neighborhood

Posted 18 September 2017 - 11:29 AM

can't agree with his last line as those are liberal social terms. everything above that is square with America.

"Equality and Liberty" are liberal social terms, and shouldn't be agreed with? That says a lot about you if you really think so.

#27 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,812 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 10:33 AM

DAY 242

For the Men and Wmen of the FBI, Fidelity also means Fidelity to Country.

Robert Mueller

#28 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,276 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 01:32 AM

DAY 242

For the Men and Women of the FBI, Fidelity also means Fidelity to Country.

Robert Mueller

#29 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,812 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 05:07 PM

DAY 241

" If the people cannot trust their government to do the job for which it exists--

To protect them and to promote their common welfare--

All else is lost. "

Barack Obama

44th President of the United States of America

yes, according to his definition. despite his winning the presidency obama quickly forgot that he was just one man.

obama had eight years to address north korea and did nothing. even he knew that it would be useless to attempt dialog with the ugly little schtootz...so he foregoes his presidential obligation to look out for our national security to hopefully pass the problem on to hillary. that was a dereliction of his duty as potus...and him an academic. :P  :lol:

#30 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,276 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 02:16 AM

DAY 241

" If the people cannot trust their government to do the job for which it exists--

To protect them and to promote their common welfare--

All else is lost. "

Barack Obama

44th President of the United States of America

#31 Vautrin

Vautrin

Quel siecle a mains!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,401 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 16 September 2017 - 06:33 PM

Master Tom did think he was qualified to pick and choose what parts 

of the Bible he believed in. I'm sure some Christians were hacked off

by the Brown decision, which also went against one of the fundamental

underpinnings of Western civilization, but they got used to it.  Obviously

there are Christians who are on both sides of the gay marriage issue.  

Curse Sir Walter Raleigh, he was such a stupid get.

#32 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,276 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 05:53 PM

I'm only uncomfortable when someone keeps mentioning it 24/7, every day of the week. The historical part I am not uncomfortable with.

Plus you keep a counter tab of Trump's days in office. This is obsession!

Ham:

My counting trump's days in office is an example of my freedom of speech.

Your criticizing what I do is an example of your freedom of speech.

*I will again remind you that if you're uncomfortable with my expression of freedom of speech, then you have the freedom of choice to IGNORE it.

#33 hamradio

hamradio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,446 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 05:52 PM

*Ham-- History is good and there are many young people who maybe haven't heard this part of it. You can never repeat our shared history too many times.
It's who we are and what we are.

**But I will remind you that if you don't want to look at it or read it,

then you have the freedom of choice of putting it and me on Ignore.

***And that's what I would encourage you to do --

if it makes you That uncomfortable.

Hard for the young to learn history when they have their face buried in a smartphone or playing video games.  I've learned about slavery and the Civil War in school.  If they are no longer teaching it then society has a problem.

• NipkowDisc likes this

#34 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,276 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 05:43 PM

I'm only uncomfortable when someone keeps mentioning it 24/7 , every day of the week. This historical part I am not.

*Ham-- History is good and there are many young people who maybe haven't heard this part of it. You can never repeat our shared history too many times.
It's who we are and what we are.

**But I will remind you that if you don't want to look at it or read it,

then you have the freedom of choice of putting it and me on Ignore.

***And that's what I would encourage you to do --

if it makes you That uncomfortable.

#35 hamradio

hamradio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,446 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 05:34 PM

The day I forget about the martyrs of the Civil Rights Movement, who made all of us proud to be Americans and who helped to see to it that all Americans have EQUAL CIVIL RIGHTS, will be the day that I die.

Patriotism means not just loving the flag and your country; it also means loving those who have died for our Democracy.

If we forget those who have gone before us, whether it was in war or peace to keep our freedom alive, then we have forgotten who we truly are and what we stand for.

*Ham-- I feel sorry for you if you're uncomfortable with memories about our recent past history, but I think it's a good thing for all of us to go back and remember exactly how far we've come in only 50 years.

And how it would be ridiculous for us to go backwards now after some 50 years of progress.

I'm only uncomfortable when someone keeps mentioning it 24/7, every day of the week.  The historical part I am not uncomfortable with.

Plus you keep a counter tab of Trump's days in office.  This is obsession!

• NipkowDisc likes this

#36 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

There is nothing as bad as something not so bad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,235 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 September 2017 - 05:22 PM

but why then does the liberal left who claim human civil rights for all insist on disrespecting the religious faith of millions of older americans by celebrating a scotus ruling that makes a mockery of one of the fundamental underpinnings of judeo-christian western civilization?

the liberal left sing praises to the words of thomas jefferson in his declaration of independence about life, liberty and pursuit of happiness but choose to ignore his strong acknowledgement of God.

picking and choosing what you like and don't like is indicative of the thought level of 5 year olds.

:lol:

you just can't attribute every traditional judeo-christian based objection of moral disapproval as a manifestation of bigotry and prejudice as religious freedom was extremely important to our founders.

and no reasonable person of christian faith believes that barack obama who professed a personal christian faith would ever embrace such a sick ruling if that personal faith were genuine as it is an attack on traditional monogamous marriage.

christ said to render on to caesar those things which are caesar's but that chiefly applies to material things and not the moral and spiritual dimensions. so how could president obama proclaiming himself a christian possibly believe that tens of millions of americans would not find that scotus ruling morally abhorent? (to put it mildly)

The USA is a secular republic.    Move to a Muslim country if you want religion to control the government.

• LawrenceA and Princess of Tap like this

#37 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,276 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 05:21 PM

45]

45]-EiqoNpc_bigger.jpgWesley LoweryVerified account @WesleyLowery
More

16th Street Baptist Church bombing in Birmingham, killing 4 beautiful little girls, was 54 years ago today http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/longterm/churches/archives1.htm

DJxRJAsX0AAAgMh.jpg

May we never forget these 4 little courageous girls who gave their lives for
FREEDOM in the United States of America on May 15th 1963.

May they rest in peace and may we always honor their sacrifice and memory.

Their childhood friend, former US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice will never forget them, and neither shall I.

#38 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,276 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 05:16 PM

That's what happens when one can't move forward, keep living in the past. Geeze guess she is against or forgot about ... :huh:

forward-obama.jpg

The day I forget about the martyrs of the Civil Rights Movement, who made all of us proud to be Americans and who helped to see to it that all Americans have EQUAL CIVIL RIGHTS, will be the day that I die.

Patriotism means not just loving the flag and your country; it also means loving those who have died for our Democracy.

If we forget those who have gone before us, whether it was in war or peace to keep our freedom alive, then we have forgotten who we truly are and what we stand for.

*Ham-- I feel sorry for you if you're uncomfortable with memories about our recent past history, but I think it's a good thing for all of us to go back and remember exactly how far we've come in only 50 years.

And how it would be ridiculous for us to go backwards now after some 50 years of progress.

#39 hamradio

hamradio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,446 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 05:07 PM

Somebody is having trouble counting days.

Just keep living in the past.  Geeze guess she is against or forgot about ... :huh:

forward-obama.jpg

#40 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,812 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 05:01 PM

but why then does the liberal left who claim human civil rights for all insist on disrespecting the religious faith of millions of older americans by celebrating a scotus ruling that makes a mockery of one of the fundamental underpinnings of judeo-christian western civilization?

the liberal left sing praises to the words of thomas jefferson in his declaration of independence about life, liberty and pursuit of happiness but choose to ignore his strong acknowledgement of God.

picking and choosing what you like and don't like is indicative of the thought level of 5 year olds.

:lol:

you just can't attribute every traditional judeo-christian based objection of moral disapproval as a manifestation of bigotry and prejudice as religious freedom was extremely important to our founders.

and no reasonable person of christian faith believes that barack obama who professed a personal christian faith would ever embrace such a sick ruling if that personal faith were genuine as it is an attack on traditional monogamous marriage.

christ said to render on to caesar those things which are caesar's but that chiefly applies to material things and not the moral and spiritual dimensions. so how could president obama proclaiming himself a christian possibly believe that tens of millions of americans would not find that scotus ruling morally abhorent? (to put it mildly)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users