We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

GENERAL INFO ABOUT OUR MESSAGE BOARDS

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 sherry.johnson

sherry.johnson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 04:23 PM

I had a a problem trying to register.  I ended up using a different email address than the one I am registered with on canvas.net.  

#2 SCGuppy

SCGuppy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 12:46 PM

I, too, had nothing but problems logging onto the forum boards...I had to create a new login after I had posted abt 2 weeks ago. Now, I have to catch up!

#3 shawnalv

shawnalv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 06:27 AM

It appears that some are having an issue getting signed up, and using our Message Boards. 

When first registering, an email will be sent to the email address you used to sign up with. This is used to validate your email address, and you must click on the link that is contained in that email. If  you take this step, you will be able to access the forums, but you will not be able to post, etc. 

It's possible that these emails could end up in your Spam folder. Please make sure you check there first.

I just had this issue tonight.  It took a half-dozen attempts and about an hour to figure it out:  TCM has several sign-ons.  The first one I Completed said "Profile" -- and I'm sure it takes me to some very wonderful, exotic places on tcm.com ------ but it did NOT get me onto the Bulletin Boards.  That was a separate registration and log in.    Yeah - I don't think it makes much sense,.... but - after a half-dozen attempts to change my Password and/or re-register , then, carefully watching the URL info for the connection I came up with from tcm.com vs the connection from the learn.canvas (Hitchcock50 online course) ... I finally managed to log onto the TCM Bulletin Board and join the discussion about the Hitchcock50 online courses.

Yes, very special!

• Vincent and sherry.johnson like this

#4 TCMModerator1

TCMModerator1

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 397 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 02:04 PM

just would like to say this is my first time here and I am very happy to be here

I am a very big Film Noir fan

And we are very happy to have you!  

Feel free to have a look around, and join in any discussion you wish! 

• SMS2017 likes this

#5 TCMModerator1

TCMModerator1

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 397 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 02:03 PM

It appears that some are having an issue getting signed up, and using our Message Boards. 

When first registering, an email will be sent to the email address you used to sign up with. This is used to validate your email address, and you must click on the link that is contained in that email. If  you take this step, you will be able to access the forums, but you will not be able to post, etc. 

It's possible that these emails could end up in your Spam folder. Please make sure you check there first.

#6 ijameson55

ijameson55

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 07:14 PM

just would like to say this is my first time here and I am very happy to be here

I am a very big Film Noir fan

• ThePaintedLady and SMS2017 like this

#7 TCMModerator1

TCMModerator1

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 397 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 09:08 AM

Is there a toggle that would change the order of post display? Currently for me, the most recent post appears on top. If there was only one new post in the thread, at the time of my visit, this would be fine, but when there are multiple posts waiting to be read, they appear in reverse order which is a bit of a nuisance.

Hi Chuck V. 

No, I'm sorry, there is no way to toggle the order of posts here. I know it's different from some other message boards, and it does take some getting used to! 

Hopefully after you've navigated around a bit, it will become more comfortable for you. 

• Chuck V. and ijameson55 like this

#8 Chuck V.

Chuck V.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 09:16 PM

Is there a toggle that would change the order of post display? Currently for me, the most recent post appears on top. If there was only one new post in the thread, at the time of my visit, this would be fine, but when there are multiple posts waiting to be read, they appear in reverse order which is a bit of a nuisance.

• LRH and ijameson55 like this

#9 TCMModerator1

TCMModerator1

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 397 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 08:15 PM

trouble posting get to Preview Post but nothing that allows me to post from there.

Can you explain further, please. You've successfully posted here. When you click on 'Preview', you will see a button at the bottom that says, 'Add Reply'. That is what you click when  you are ready to post. 

Let us know if you have any more difficulties! 

• ijameson55 likes this

#10 dwallace

dwallace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 05:02 PM

trouble posting get to Preview Post but nothing that allows me to post from there.

#11 TCMModerator1

TCMModerator1

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 397 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 07:11 PM

Greetings Hitchcock Fans!

To those who joined us previously, welcome back! 

And to those who are new here, we are very happy you've signed up!

I have just a few bits of information I'd like to share with you. 

First off, if there is an existing thread on a topic, please post in there, and do not start a new one. If you do, we will merge yours into the already existing one. This helps to keep the boards from getting too cluttered. 

A few you have emailed Professor Edwards when you've experienced trouble logging into the Forums. That is great! If he isn't sure what the issue might be, he will reach out to me. If you have any issues, or questions at a later time, please feel free to send me a PM (private message). You can do this by clicking on my profile, then clicking, 'Message this Member'. 

Some of you have already noticed that we have a language filter in place. We know that it sometimes stars out words that might seem silly, even we think so at times. However, it's there for a reason, and doesn't generally impede anyone's ability to post their thoughts. These are moderated message boards, and there is always the possibility that one of your posts could be edited and/or removed. We don't have to do that often here, as classic movie fans are the best fans ever! 

We do have a Code of Conduct, which you may read here:

As I said, any problems, questions, concerns, please feel free to PM, and we will do our very best to help. We want to make your experience here a memorable one!

• luismminski, CathyMM, Rejana Raj and 3 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users