There are so many good things to say about all the schedules, but I'll just list my top 5 for each one. CinemaInternational --
- I like that you chose Gene Tierney as the SOTM. I hope that she really will be the SOTM someday.
- Choosing Rin Tin Tin for the guest programmer was a very cute idea.
- I'm glad that you included Sleeping Beauty
in your Treasures from the Disney Vault
lineup. (I've loved both of those films since I was little.)
- I liked your choice for the TCM Spotlight (Women of History).
- I liked that you scheduled a lot of great, little-seen Paramount films. It would be great if we could see all of those films on TCM someday soon. Speedracer5 --
- I got a kick out of your choice for guest programmer -- Ricky Ricardo. Great idea!
- Your dirty laundry, birds and dance cards themes were fun. (OK, those are actually 3 things.)
- Thank you for paying tribute to Dorothy McGuire. She's such an underrated actress.
- I liked your detective movie theme for the Goofy challenge.
- The "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon" theme was a creative idea.Stevomachino --
- I liked that you chose Felix Bressart as the SOTM. He's one of my favorite character actors!
- I liked that you went with a car theme for the Goofy challenge. Those car-themed Goofy cartoons are so much fun to watch.
- The "Star Wars quotes" theme for the Star Wars challenge was a great idea.
- I liked that you included the rarely-seen In Search of the Castaways
in your Treasures from the Disney Vault lineup.
- I was excited to see that you scheduled a bunch of great "old dark house" films. I really enjoy those types of films!JamesStewartFan95 --
First of all, I can't believe that this was your first schedule. You seem like an old pro at this!
- I liked that you scheduled a bunch of UPA cartoons. You hardly ever see them anymore.
- Choosing Darth Vader as the guest host for a night of father-themed films was a great idea.
- You had a lot of great film choices for your Treasures from the Disney Vault lineup. I was especially happy to see that you scheduled Beauty and the Beast
and The Sword in the Stone
. Those 2 Disney films are very close to my heart.
- I liked that you chose Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
for "The Essentials". That's one of my favorite films.
- I liked your "History of Screwball Comedies" theme. Barton Keyes --
- Thanks for paying tribute to Roscoe Lee Browne. (If he were still alive, I would pay money just to hear him read the phone book.)
- I liked that you honored Robert Osborne by scheduling some of his favorite films.
- Your "unusual films" theme was a great idea.
- I liked that you included Mary Poppins
and the Sherman brothers documentary in your Treasures from the Disney Vault lineup.
- Black Narcissus
was a great choice for "The Essentials". Lydecker --
- I liked that you chose Una Merkel for the SOTM. She's one of my favorite character actresses.
- Having Joe Gillis (from Sunset Blvd
.) as the guest programmer was a great idea. I liked that you scheduled Just a Gigolo
and The Drowning Pool
-- too funny!
- Thanks for honoring Edward G. Robinson with a birthday tribute. He's one of my favorite actors of all time.
- I liked your choice for the Star Wars challenge. (Carrie Fisher would be proud!)
- I liked that you chose Disney films that make you cry. That was really sweet.
I voted by PM earlier today. Good luck, everyone!
Edited to add -- LonesomePolecat,
those "Now Playing" guides look AMAZING!!!