We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

"Donkey Skin" (1970)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:09 PM

Who could forget Jacques Perrin in anything?

For example, "The Girl With A Suitcase" (1961) -

MV5BZTk1NjI0ZDMtNmY3ZS00ZjY3LWFiYmMtNTRi

• cinemaspeak59 and jaragon like this

"I was born the day she kissed me.  I died the day she left me.  I lived a few weeks while she loved me." - Humphrey Bogart in "In A Lonely Place".

#2 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 04:33 PM

Perrin also plays the cute blonde sailor in " Young Girls of Rochefort"

Who could forget Jacques Perrin in "The Young Girls of Rochefort"?

• jaragon likes this

"I was born the day she kissed me.  I died the day she left me.  I lived a few weeks while she loved me." - Humphrey Bogart in "In A Lonely Place".

#3 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 03:46 PM

Jacques Demy's magical film has such a great cast - Catherine Deneuve, Jean Marais, Jacques Perrin and Delphine Seyrig.

peau-d-ane-1970-17-g.jpg

Perrin also plays the cute blonde sailor in " Young Girls of Rochefort"

• cinemaspeak59 and rayban like this

#4 rayban

rayban

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 10:01 PM

Jaques Demy enchanting and strange musical fairy tale about a young princess who must hide her true self because he father wants to marry her?!  I imagine the incest plot must have kept this from becoming a Disney movie.  The film has dazzling costumes and sets.

Jacques Demy's magical film has such a great cast - Catherine Deneuve, Jean Marais, Jacques Perrin and Delphine Seyrig.

peau-d-ane-1970-17-g.jpg

• cinemaspeak59 likes this

#5 jaragon

jaragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 06:32 PM

Jaques Demy enchanting and strange musical fairy tale about a young princess who must hide her true self because he father wants to marry her?!  I imagine the incest plot must have kept this from becoming a Disney movie.  The film has dazzling costumes and sets.

• rayban likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users