We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

*Shirley MascLaine on an older episode of Larry King picked her "Essential Films"

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 spence

spence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL

Posted 01 July 2017 - 08:10 PM

this was about a decade ago or so & I have a very persoinal family take on this **** well

My mother was at the time the shortest NYC Rockett-(cuirca 18962) at barekly 5'3.  She got to work with the likes of *George Burns, Carol Channing, Arthur Godfrey& Ricky Nellson-(but the latter the girls disliked because they found him very off-putting & snobby0 as it later turned out, Nelson was painfully shy & would even go into the closet when his parents had nelson was just incredibally shy, so much so he considered his guitar his #1 companion & would take that into the closest with him all-the time

The NYC Rockett gals further thought him a snob when he'd even take his bodyguards into the bathroom with him!

At any rate, this wasn't pt of her regular Rockettes class, but in mid Manhattan in NYC at a famed dancer George Ballanchine's ballet class-(also around 19962-63) & working out right next to my mum all day was *Shirley MacLaine-(l934-)  She was a good decade older & My mother showed some coolness by not inquiring Shirley about her films,etc   she says she had the "Irma La Douce" hairstyle at the time

Anyway, they talk, grunted,etc a bit together especially on the ballet bar.   What brings it & her to mind is I just watched that Larry King-(l933-) interview a few weeks ago & Larry put the question to her that us TCM-ITE'S always love to ponder "What Are Your Top 3-5 Favorite Fims?" & without missing a beat she immediately said *"Lawrence of Arabia"  "Inherit the Wind" *"Terms of  Endearment"-(NOTE: Years ago it went around that her fasv. role was in '58's "Some Came Running" apparently not, it's *"Terms" & she did add that it was fun to make, except for 1 cast member, being Debra Winger! & I recall the horror stories most had working with Winger. Maybe why we don't see her much anymore? But, she is the voice of  "E.T."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users