We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

mountain climbing movies

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 shopnerkotha

shopnerkotha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:20 AM

When it comes to Mountain climbing, moutaineering or any adventure, I consider myself a conservative, calcualted risk taker. I have never seen a summit or a challenge that was worth my life. My adventures are always viewed in light of wanting to make it back home alive, first and formost.

#2 lenko

lenko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:38 PM

Ullman was the writer of High Conquest and White Tower as well as a disney movie The Third Man on the Mountain ( He did non mountain movieas as well.)

Maybe TCM could do theme weeks around mounain climbing (The Nofth Face, The Eiger Sanction,
etc. etc.)

#3 Terrence1

Terrence1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,968 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:18 PM

Two other movies that come to mind are "The Mountain" with Spencer Tracy and "The Looters" with Rory Calhoun.

Terrence.

#4 lenko

lenko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:15 PM

PLEASE show *High Conquest* or let me know where I can see the film. I believe it was made at the same time as *White Tower*. Would love to see that again as well .They made a short called *The Matterhorn* at the same time as both of the above. If memory serves me there was a silent film made wih very similar plots to the above but I dont recall the name.

#5 faceinthecrowd

faceinthecrowd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • LocationAlphaville

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:13 AM

Other movies with mountain climbing sequences are:

THE EIGER SANCTION

LOST HORIZON

#6 espurna

espurna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:34 AM

Hi, I've see you wrote this post almost 4 years ago. I hope you will recieve my reply.
If you're still interested in High Conquest, I think I can help you.
I'm very interested in climbing movies too.
Regards.

#7 pthomas

pthomas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 09:54 PM

I saw a movie about climbing the matterhorn years ago. It's High Conquest with Gilbert Roland and Anna Lee. Made by Monogram in 1947. The is very few mountain climbing movies out there and I have most of them on disk but sure would like to see High Conquest again or get a copy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users