We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Two favourite Walt Disney films from the sixties

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kjrwe

kjrwe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 10:59 PM

I saw Pollyanna as a kid, and again a few years ago. It's a nice movie, but I admit that it didn't stick much with me. I haven't heard of those other Disney films featuring Hayley Mills. I should check them out. Hopefully they're as good as The Parent Trap and That Darn Cat.

I saw 101 Dalmations as a kid and enjoyed it. A number of the classic animated Disney films had theatrical releases in the eighties and my parents took me and my siblings to see those movies. 101 Dalmations was one of those.

#2 Jlewis

Jlewis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 11:38 AM

101 DALMATIANS and THE LOVE BUG. The latter is especially fun, being made after Uncle Walt's death and the studio was trying its best to be contemporary of the changing times. Note that Buddy Hackett's character had just been to Nepal like the Fab Four and he is the first who can communicate with a "Beetle".

#3 NickAndNora34

NickAndNora34

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque, NM

Posted 14 July 2017 - 11:12 AM

I LOVE The Parent Trap. I was very young when I first watched it, but it continued to be a staple in my household haha. I think my all-time favorite Hayley Mills one was Pollyanna (1960). I was a little obsessed lol. I just realized last year after doing some research, that along with Parent Trap, Pollyanna, That Darn Cat, Hayley also did Summer Magic, In Search of the Castaways, and Moon-Spinners for Disney in the 60s as well. Busy kid.

"Playing with matches, a girl can get burned." -Fiddler on the Roof 

#4 kjrwe

kjrwe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:19 AM

There are two Disney films from the sixties which I really enjoy:

The Parent Trap

and

That Darn Cat.

Any other fans of these two films? A big thanks to Hayley Mills (star of both movies) for doing such a great job, especially at playing two characters in The Parent Trap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users