We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Islamaphobes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
55 replies to this topic

#41 LatriceRoyale

LatriceRoyale

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 10:47 PM

ISLAMOPHOBIA

A phobia is an irrational fear. Rationally speaking out against a principle or idea one is opposed to is not a phobia.

- One may support democracy therefore oppose the theocratic rule which Sharia demands and Muslim countries end up with.

- One may believe women are equal to men and therefore oppose the idea that women are second class citizens which is at the core of Islam.

- One may believe in freedom of and from religion, and therefore oppose any system where apostasy earns a death sentence.

Thus one may oppose Islamist ideology, logically and without any 'phobia' at all.

Islamophobia is a meaningless word and often a slanderous and misleading accusation used in forms of communication reminiscent of Goebellian propaganda. One may calmly and rationally oppose any and all belief systems which by doctrine declare open war on democracy, gender equality, gays, apostates and unbelievers. That is no phobia. That is rational opposition to an offensive idea utilizing reason, logic and rhetoric.
  • darkblue and JR33928 like this

You cannot have it both ways.  A dancer who relies upon the doubtful comforts of human love can never be a great dancer. Never!

Boris Lermontov

#42 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,725 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 10:28 PM

Trump talked to a Russian, all is lost. Goodbye cruel world.
anigif_enhanced-15054-1411411598-12.gif

Is that a metaphor of American sovereignty jumping out of the window to a suicidal death because of the Putin- directed criminal hacking of the American presidential election by the Russians?

Or is that an actual traitor against the United States committing suicide because he helped the Russians to hack the presidential election-- thereby hacking American Democracy.

#43 hamradio

hamradio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,529 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 10:24 PM

Trump talked to a Russian, all is lost.  Goodbye cruel world.

anigif_enhanced-15054-1411411598-12.gif

• darkblue likes this

#44 Princess of Tap

Princess of Tap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,725 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 09:31 PM

Like Trump and Russia. :wacko:

693-0515084118-Russophobia.jpg

Fear of treason and the decimation of the national security has nothing to do with a phobia - -

It has more to do with patriotism and concern for the survival of American democracy.

#45 TomJH

TomJH

I know what gold does to men's souls.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,656 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:57 PM

Boy you Trump followers sure do like to just tune out anything you don't like even if future national security is at stake. Even now with Don Jr. admitting he had a meeting with a Russian lawyer who had relations with their government - just a lot of silence from you Trumpsters here. Much ado about nothing, you like to pretend.

Pathetic.

#46 hamradio

hamradio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,529 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:23 PM

The sheer amount of these threads are withering ... most retrograde to any sense of restraint.

693-0515084118-Russophobia.jpg

#47 Vautrin

Vautrin

Quel siecle a mains!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,788 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 15 July 2017 - 04:51 PM

Censors will always find a reason to censor something. 

Hammer and nail.

Curse Sir Walter Raleigh, he was such a stupid get.

#48 laffite

laffite

Oh Johnneeeeee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 15 July 2017 - 04:35 PM

The sheer amount of these threads are withering ... most retrograde to any sense of restraint.

#49 Sepiatone

Sepiatone

Enhanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,458 posts
  • LocationLincoln Park, MI

Posted 15 July 2017 - 01:41 PM

Yep Sepia. As our moderator here has just explained to you, well sort of anyway, I don't believe it was your well-reasoned and thoughtful post in that "Michigan/Shiria law" thread which has caused its disappearance. Nope, I believe it was probably the one preceding it in which some Canadian who seems to be under the illusion that he's"the smarted guy in the room" posited the idea that Islam is "not a true religion" and then went on another of his intolerant and hate-filled rants.

But of course, our moderator didn't come right out and say this to you here, and which maybe he or she SHOULD HAVE!!!

(...hell, for THAT matter, I was surprised the aforementioned Canadian was/is still even communicating directly with you...he doesn't like to be contradicted, ya know)

To make correction and be more accurate, I took a half hour to carefully type and articulate a fact filled reply to the newest of Dark's Islamaphobic threads titled something like, "Michigan fights back...yadda, yadda" that contained two "homemade"(looked to be)    "news" clips that discussed, with a computer generated voice-over, events and incidents that never really took place in Dearborn, MI or anywhere ELSE in the state,  and claiming things like a 103,000 Muslim populatin in that city represented a "takeover" by Islam of the place.  Indeed, I pointed out that 103,000 only represented LESS than 1/3 of Dearborn's total population.  AND that there's BEEN some level of Islamic population in Dearborn since the late '40's with no complaints or other issues held by it's residents.

But after all that typing, I hit "post" and then was informed that I was "not allowed" to reply to that topic!

Sepiatone

I started out with NOTHING...and still have most of it left!

#50 TomJH

TomJH

I know what gold does to men's souls.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,656 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 10:31 AM

I'm glad to see that the moderator stepped in to remove Dark's hate thread that was blatantly racist in nature.

It won't prevent those kinds of threads from returning, though. In fact Dark immediately responded by trying to resurrect the topic in another thread (he's nothing if not aggressive in his hatreds) but the mods have taken care of that one, too.

I have never lodged a complain against either a thread or a poster. These kinds of threads though, vile as they are, are the closest I've come to doing it.

I just hope the moderators continue to keep an eye open for them, and will blow them off the site.

It is a shame, though, as Sepia pointed out, that reasoned arguments against the bigotry get eliminated along with the hatred expressed towards a minority.

• mr6666, Stephan55 and Dargo like this

#51 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,136 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 15 July 2017 - 10:18 AM

But you see,----

The thread I'm "not allowed" to reply on is one that's SPREADING the "religious intolerance".

All of MY relies that ever got entered were in opposition to the stated content.

Sepiatone

You could always put your response in Jake's 'Trumpism in Europe' thread which is only yet another not-so-thinly veiled thread about racial hatred toward Muslims.  Posting racist videos without personal comments attached is still promoting racial hatred.  I would be happy to see all that *** go, thank you very much.  

• Dargo likes this

#52 Dargo

Dargo

An "Acquired Taste"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,695 posts
  • LocationSedona, Arizona

Posted 15 July 2017 - 10:04 AM

Yep Sepia. As our moderator here has just explained to you, well sort of anyway, I don't believe it was your well-reasoned and thoughtful post in that "Michigan/Shiria law" thread which has caused its disappearance. Nope, I believe it was probably the one preceding it in which some Canadian who seems to be under the illusion that he's"the smarted guy in the room" posited the idea that Islam is "not a true religion" and then went on another of his intolerant and hate-filled rants.

But of course, our moderator didn't come right out and say this to you here, and which maybe he or she SHOULD HAVE!!!

(...hell, for THAT matter, I was surprised the aforementioned Canadian was/is still even communicating directly with you...he doesn't like to be contradicted, ya know)

• TomJH, Bogie56 and Sepiatone like this

#53 TCMModerator1

TCMModerator1

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 385 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 10:04 AM

But you see,----

The thread I'm "not allowed" to reply on is one that's SPREADING the "religious intolerance".

All of MY relies that ever got entered were in opposition to the stated content.

Sepiatone

That is correct. Any content that violates the Coc mentioned previously will be removed, and therefore unavailable for comment, regardless of opinion. 

#54 Sepiatone

Sepiatone

Enhanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,458 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 09:55 AM

Hi

The decision to remove any discussion is based on if it violates our CoC. This particular sections applies here:

"Any content or use that is offensive to the online community, such as sexually explicit content, or content that promotes obscenity, pedophilia, racism, bigotry, religious intolerance, intolerance of minorities, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual, regardless of whether such use or content takes place within the Site, or takes place outside the Site but relates to the Site in any manner."

You may read our Coc here:

But you see,----

Sepiatone

#55 TCMModerator1

TCMModerator1

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 385 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 09:50 AM

I've discovered I'm "not allowed" (?) to reply to Darkblue's latest faux filled Islamaphobic thread.

Interesting.   That the Mods would subscribe to the idea of not wishing those threads full of provocative prevarications be sullied by truth speaks volumes of the Moderator's mind sets.

I defy!  I defy!  ANY Moderator to tell me they're NOT buying into these canards!  Otherwise, WHY then the prohibition?

Sepiatone

Hi

The decision to remove any discussion is based on if it violates our CoC. This particular sections applies here:

"Any content or use that is offensive to the online community, such as sexually explicit content, or content that promotes obscenity, pedophilia, racism, bigotry, religious intolerance, intolerance of minorities, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual, regardless of whether such use or content takes place within the Site, or takes place outside the Site but relates to the Site in any manner."

You may read our Coc here:

• mr6666, TomJH and Bogie56 like this

#56 Sepiatone

Sepiatone

Enhanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,458 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 09:34 AM

I've discovered I'm "not allowed" (?) to reply to Darkblue's latest faux filled Islamaphobic thread.

Interesting.   That the Mods would subscribe to the idea of not wishing those threads full of provocative prevarications be sullied by truth speaks volumes of the Moderator's mind sets.

I defy!  I defy!  ANY Moderator to tell me they're NOT buying into these canards!  Otherwise, WHY then the prohibition?

Sepiatone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users