We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Heist Movie from the 60s, Maybe

heist cold gold

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 alcr1

alcr1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 07:40 PM

I found it! Seven Golden Men, it's called in English. That's definitely the movie. Thank you very much, guys!

#2 alcr1

alcr1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 05:34 AM

That looks like it, but I saw it dubbed into English. I don't speak Italian either, though I'm also of Italian descent!

Thank you very much! I'll look for a dubbed version.

#3 MovieCollectorOH

MovieCollectorOH

Wearing my hip waders.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts
  • LocationLand of Bread and Circuses

Posted 15 July 2017 - 11:45 PM

Looks like you're going to have to break down and tell the name of the movie.  I seem to remember a heist movie where a hole in a truck was used to access a hole in a street to rob--something.

Here is what scsu1975 posted.  With a few clicks, you can find it on Youtube too.

7 uomini d'oro (1965)

http://www.imdb.com/...7/?ref_=nv_sr_2

Moviecollector's Corner                   *Look for what should be there, but isn't.*              Principia-Scientific.org (independent science news)

usdebtclock.org (just some pretty numbers to watch)

#4 slaytonf

slaytonf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,993 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 10:54 PM

Looks like you're going to have to break down and tell the name of the movie.  I seem to remember a heist movie where a hole in a truck was used to access a hole in a street to rob--something.

#5 scsu1975

scsu1975

Tor B the Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,003 posts
  • LocationEd Wood movie

Posted 15 July 2017 - 09:20 PM

See if this is the film; check at the 40 minute mark for the scene you asked about. My knowledge of Italian is limited (even though I'm Italian), but I think this is what you are looking for. I actually saw this film in a theater when it first came out.

Edited by TCMModerator1, 15 July 2017 - 10:26 PM.
Video Removed due to Copyright Concerns

• MovieCollectorOH likes this

I'm a big boy.

#6 alcr1

alcr1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:54 PM

Does anyone remember this heist movie? I think the scene showed a truck parked over a manhole where the robbers are at work stealing gold bars, something like that, and a robber standing next to the truck, acting as a lookout, says something to his buddy in the manhole about "Gold!" and he says it a little too loud, and notices that he's attracted the attention of a cop nearby, so he pretends to be cold, and he says "It's cold" to throw the cop off.

I don't remember anything else about the movie. This little bit has always stuck in my head.

Thanks.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: heist, cold, gold

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users