We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Who is OJ Simpson and why is he in prison?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 hamradio

hamradio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,568 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:20 PM

The terms of parole are more restricted that I would have thought. He can't even take a drink.

They forgot to include 1 hour a day for meditation,

how-is-your-temper-forest.png

#2 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,624 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:11 PM

The terms of parole are more restricted that I would have thought. He can't even take a drink.

"...The conditions of Juice's parole allow him to "consume alcoholic beverages but not to excess." O.J. will occasionally be tested for it, but if his BAC is under .08 ... he's in the clear.

Simpson's not allowed to use any controlled substances without a prescription from a doctor, and the same goes for marijuana. BUT, if he's prescribed medicinal marijuana ... he's got a green light to the ganja....

http://www.tmz.com/2...hol-smoke-weed/

• laffite likes this

"A small elephant is not a rabbit."

#3 laffite

laffite

Oh Johnneeeeee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,376 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted Yesterday, 03:52 PM

#4 Vautrin

Vautrin

Quel siecle a mains!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,821 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 21 July 2017 - 10:14 PM

Yes, I've read about O.J.'s excellent pension plan. The fact that

Freddy Goldman can't get his hands on it is just icing on the

cake. I'm not sure they even still make license plates in prison,

but there have been jokes about it for a long time.

Curse Sir Walter Raleigh, he was such a stupid get.

#5 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,624 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 07:29 PM

Making license plates turned out be be much more

lucrative than anyone could have imagined. 

"When he leaves the Lovelock Correctional Center later this year, he will have made between $400,000 and $600,000 from his National Football League pension while he was incarcerated, according to a calculation done by ESPN. He made over $400,000 if he started taking his pension at age 55, and over $600,000 if he started taking it at 65.

And he won’t have to give any of the money to the Goldman family, who won a $33.5 million civil suit against Simpson after the latter was found not guilty of murdering their son Ron Goldman along with Simpson’s ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson in 1994. That’s because NFL pensions are protected by state law.

If Simpson lives in Florida when he’s released — he lived there before his arrest — he also wouldn’t be forced to sell his house to pay off the civil suit, because of the state’s homestead exemption.,...

http://www.marketwat...w2&link=sfmw_tw

:(

• Princess of Tap likes this

#6 Vautrin

Vautrin

Quel siecle a mains!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,821 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 21 July 2017 - 03:09 PM

Making license plates turned out be be much more

lucrative than anyone could have imagined. 

#7 MovieMadness

MovieMadness

Bogie Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,443 posts
  • LocationHigh Sierra

Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:47 PM

OJ is definitely not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but he has kept his money.

Things are never so bad they can't be made worse.

#8 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

Borders, Language, Culture & Christian Nation

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,426 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:04 PM

Z6xUOnRg_bigger.jpg MarketWatchVerified account @MarketWatch 5h5 hours ago

O.J. Simpson made over $400,000 while in prison and won’t have to give any of it to the Goldman family

http://www.marketwat...w2&link=sfmw_twMW-FQ739_oj_sim_20170721080555_ZH.jpg?uu

This most beautiful system of the sun, planets and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being. Isaac Newton  

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. Genesis 1:2

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under. President Ronald Reagan

In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.  Gen. Robert E. Lee

The principle for which we contend is bound to reassert itself, though it may be at another time and in another form.   Jefferson Davis

Movies are written in sand: applauded today, forgotten tomorrow. D.W Griffith

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. Steve McQueen

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Perfect freedom has no existence. The grown man knows the world he lives in, and for the present, the world is Rome. Ben Hur 

A man's got to have a code, a creed to live by, no matter his job. The Immortal John Wayne

#9 Vautrin

Vautrin

Quel siecle a mains!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,821 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 20 July 2017 - 11:30 PM

Maybe he'll get lucky and someone will make a Mickey Rooney biopic.

#10 hamradio

hamradio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,568 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:26 PM

n-Ic9nBO_bigger.jpg Washington Post‏Verified account @washingtonpost 10h10 hours ago
O.J.’s last defender — F. Lee Bailey — is broke, disbarred and working above a hair salon https://www.washingt...4ac9f&tid=sm_tw

OJ_Simpson_20_Years_Later_64327-f5ee9.jp

Not going to do him any good is it? :lol:

#11 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

Borders, Language, Culture & Christian Nation

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,426 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:24 PM

n-Ic9nBO_bigger.jpg Washington Post‏Verified account @washingtonpost 10h10 hours ago
O.J.’s last defender — F. Lee Bailey — is broke, disbarred and working above a hair salon https://www.washingt...4ac9f&tid=sm_twOJ_Simpson_20_Years_Later_64327-f5ee9.jp

This most beautiful system of the sun, planets and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being. Isaac Newton  

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. Genesis 1:2

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under. President Ronald Reagan

In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.  Gen. Robert E. Lee

The principle for which we contend is bound to reassert itself, though it may be at another time and in another form.   Jefferson Davis

Movies are written in sand: applauded today, forgotten tomorrow. D.W Griffith

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. Steve McQueen

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Perfect freedom has no existence. The grown man knows the world he lives in, and for the present, the world is Rome. Ben Hur 

A man's got to have a code, a creed to live by, no matter his job. The Immortal John Wayne

#12 hamradio

hamradio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,568 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:20 PM

Only listen to the half part of the NBC4 News about OJ, think he was a lawyer whom said..Please go live in private obscurity. Nobody wants to see your face.

• mr6666 likes this

#13 ChristineHoard

ChristineHoard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • LocationGA

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:35 PM

O.J. told the parole board that his life has been conflict free.

I did a double take when I heard that one.

#14 Bogie56

Bogie56

Prof. Knucklehead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,190 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:22 PM

O.J. told the parole board that his whole life has been conflict free.

• mr6666 likes this

#15 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,624 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:06 PM

"O.J. Simpson won his bid Thursday for an early release from prison after a Nevada parole board unanimously granted the request.

He could be out from behind bars as soon as Oct. 1 — but that doesn't mean he's walking out a free man.......

http://www.nbcnews.c...ns-next-n784946

-----------------------------------------------------

Michael McKeanVerified account @MJMcKean 2h2 hours ago

Now at last he's free to find the REAL memorabilia thieves.

;)

#16 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

There is nothing as bad as something not so bad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,446 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 July 2017 - 04:13 PM

OJ Parole Hearing...

REALLY?  .

Turned on CNN and the lead story was the press conference featuring Jeff Session et al and the arsine comments Trump made about people HE selected.    

I wanted to see how Your World with Neil Cavuto covered this story and what was his lead story:  O.J. Simpson.    :blink:

This is a news story fit only for those trash mags one sees while waiting to check out at a store.  Neil you should be ashamed!  

#17 JR33928

JR33928

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 20 July 2017 - 04:08 PM

This little news item appeared on my local tv station website today.

NAPLES, Fla. -

O.J. Simpson could soon call Southwest Florida home if he is paroled from prison Thursday following a hearing in a Nevada courtroom. 

Simpson will have a video conference with the Nevada Board of Parole Commissioners Thursday at 1 p.m. None of the parole commissioners are expected to oppose Simpson's release. 

One man who will be in the hearing room, Tom Scotto, said the former football player and actor is his best friend. 

He said Simpson could move in with him at The Enclave Of Naples or with his sister in Sacramento. 

Neighbors react 

"That's so crazy," said Lysandra Govea.

Some residents were concerned.

"I'm not happy about it," said Marco Torico, who has lived at The Enclave the last two years.

Others were just shocked by the possibility. 

"It's crazy, but I don't think he'll be a bad neighbor. He's gonna keep a low profile I'm sure," said Allen DuQuet.

Regardless of their opinions, these Naples neighbors said they'll be tuning into the video conference Thursday, awaiting the parole board's decision, and their possible new neighbor.

"It's gonna be interesting. He might be our neighbor," said Govea.

Meanwhile, Scotto said he'd been advised not to talk on camera until after the decision on Thursday.

If Simpson is allowed out of prison, both Nevada and Florida officials will have to approve his plans to move to Florida

#18 Vautrin

Vautrin

Quel siecle a mains!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,821 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 20 July 2017 - 03:40 PM

bogart_cainqueegtrial.jpg?w=625

Using precise mathematical logic, I now know that it was Al Cowlings

who stole the strawberries. 

• mr6666 likes this

#19 MovieMadness

MovieMadness

Bogie Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,443 posts
  • LocationHigh Sierra

Posted 20 July 2017 - 01:21 PM

bogart_cainqueegtrial.jpg?w=625

OJ testifying at his parole hearing.

Things are never so bad they can't be made worse.

#20 hamradio

hamradio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,568 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 12:03 PM

OJ Parole Hearing...

maxresdefault.jpg

REALLY?  .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users