We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

I need help

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ChristineHoard

ChristineHoard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 910 posts
  • LocationGA

Posted 18 July 2017 - 09:03 PM

I knew I could do it. found many references to this audio problem on google and all the fixes are worthless sheet by know-it-alls. I came across two references to a program called malwarebytes and that told me I was on to something so downloadeed and installed the free 16-day premium trial version and the threat scan came up with 26 suspects that my main anti-virus software missed.

upon removal the problem seems to have disappeared. now I can record again.

:)

I'm glad you got the help you needed.  Now let's talk about that shrink...

(kidding)

#2 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,906 posts
  • Locationzaygon hegemony

Posted 18 July 2017 - 03:10 PM

I knew I could do it. found many references to this audio problem on google and all the fixes are worthless sheet by know-it-alls. I came across two references to a program called malwarebytes and that told me I was on to something so downloadeed and installed the free 16-day premium trial version and the threat scan came up with 26 suspects that my main anti-virus software missed.

upon removal the problem seems to have disappeared. now I can record again.

"okay, so we're moving right along, folks" -al pacino, dog day afternoon

#3 hamradio

hamradio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,516 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:42 PM

no! not a shrink. computer help. maybe one of you geniuses can help with a computer problem I'm having. an audio problem. I have realtek HD audio and every few minutes inexplicably the stereo mix volume keeps getting muted and turned down to zero. it doesn't affect playback just recording. doesn't do any good to unmute and raise the volume. reinstalling the realtek drivers doan help.

LMREO! :lol:

(some members may disagree though) :P

• NipkowDisc likes this

#4 MovieCollectorOH

MovieCollectorOH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,798 posts
  • LocationLand of Bread and Circuses

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:33 PM

it worked well enough for me to record the sound from video files to later burn to CD.

I need my stereo mix record level unmuted in order to do that. :P

So I'll take that as a "no"?  In that case possibly a poorly written driver, as stupid as that sounds.  If it worked in the past but not anymore, it might be incompatible with Windows 10 or recent Windows 10 updates...  That is assuming you allowed it to "upgrade" to 10.  (many did simply because they had no idea it was happening or how to stop it)

Moviecollector's Corner                                                                                               Principia-Scientific.org (independent science news)

Sampling Bias: a systematic error in sampling procedures that leads to a distortion in the results of the study.

Hasty Generalization Fallacy: the size of the sample is to small to support the conclusion.

[ring a bell for anyone around here?]

#5 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,906 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:20 PM

me: "forget it."

joe ferone: "hey howda like this guy? asks us to help him with his audio problem and he says forget it!

hey artie! you can go ahead now. they ain't friends no more."

artie: "yeah? ya sure?"

joe ferone: yeah...yeah, I'm sure."

:P  :lol: 

#6 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,906 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:15 PM

Did it work correctly for you ever before?

it worked well enough for me to record the sound from video files to later burn to CD.

I need my stereo mix record level unmuted in order to do that. :P

#7 MovieCollectorOH

MovieCollectorOH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,798 posts
  • LocationLand of Bread and Circuses

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:06 PM

Did it work correctly for you ever before?

Moviecollector's Corner                                                                                               Principia-Scientific.org (independent science news)

Sampling Bias: a systematic error in sampling procedures that leads to a distortion in the results of the study.

Hasty Generalization Fallacy: the size of the sample is to small to support the conclusion.

[ring a bell for anyone around here?]

#8 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,906 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:57 PM

maybe if u improved the music u listened to, it woan happen

:lol:

weisenheimer.

#9 laffite

laffite

Oh Johnneeeeee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:56 PM

maybe if u improved the music u listened to, it woan happen

:lol:

#10 NipkowDisc

NipkowDisc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,906 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:50 PM

no! not a shrink. computer help. maybe one of you geniuses can help with a computer problem I'm having. an audio problem. I have realtek HD audio and every few minutes inexplicably the stereo mix volume keeps getting muted and turned down to zero. it doesn't affect playback just recording. doesn't do any good to unmute and raise the volume. reinstalling the realtek drivers doan help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users