We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Name of this movie please

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Alswan S

Alswan S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 01:14 PM

Hello Murdock. I really appreciated your reassuring comment, and feel much, much more at ease thanks to you and Lawrence. I thought [ quite erroneously ] that this website was exclusively meant for TCM FILMS. I really do appreciate the corrected understanding of this website-that all genres of movies or tv shows can be enquired here. Thank-you for all who responded to my enquiries and of your help, people!!

I found the movie title!! I was a little bit off in some places of the movie and even the ending was slightly different than I remembered, but still a good ending. The TV movie title is called WITHOUT MALICE.

#2 Alswan S

Alswan S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:58 PM

Why should you apologize for anything? Though I don't know the answer to your movie question it was at least a very interesting read and since so many posts are just full of folderol for which they don't find the least reason to apologize, you need never fear condemnation. I hope you find your answer and then please share it with us all.

Hello Murdock. I really appreciated your reassuring comment, and feel much, much more at ease thanks to you and Lawrence. I thought [ quite erroneously ] that this website was exclusively meant for TCM FILMS. I really do appreciate the corrected understanding of this website-that all genres of movies or tv shows can be enquired here. Thank-you for all who responded to my enquiries and of your help, people!!

#3 RipMurdock

RipMurdock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 02:44 PM

I'm sorry people, I just can't stand it any longer. I assure you that what I'm about to do is far and few, and will never do this again-probably. This title is not a TCM movie search but a TV movie made in the 80's or 90's based on a real incident: it is about 2 American hunters who decided to go to the Canadian woods-BC, I believe. Anyway; they inadvertently shot and killed a game warden.Wilst hunting a bear. It was purely an accident but they tried to cover it up by disposing their rifles. The main character wiped his rifle down and threw it away. His partner wanted to dispose his rifle as well lest HE be blamed for the incident. The main character was very reluctant to throw away the other rifle but complied anyway WITHOUT WIPING IT DOWN with a rag before disposing it in the same manner he did his-throwing it away.
A woman game warden who lived in the town was an acting detective/ policeman/warden where her word of justice were carried and fully trusted by the people and Canadian police force. She was not a corrupt lawman. Almost from the start she was suspicious of these two hunters and progressivly picked up clues of their miscreant deed, but she did not reveal these findings to the hunters: she was afraid that they would kill her if she ever exposed them. At the end of the story she offered the two hunters a ride to the airport, but wanted to stop somewhere to show them something incredible at the office. A bear that was shot with one bullet-an amazingly incredible shot. The question is 'where is the other bullet since the two of you shot the bear?'
Through investigative questioning the main character inadvertently admitted to shooting the warden. She had the office bugged where the authorities heard the entire conversation and came to her rescue just before he was going to kill her.
This is a really, really a good story and would like to know the title. Again I apologize for the query not to be a TCM movie, but I didn't know where to turn to for this enquiry. Thanks for everything people!!

Why should you apologize for anything? Though I don't know the answer to your movie question it was at least a very interesting read and since so many posts are just full of folderol for which they don't find the least reason to apologize, you need never fear condemnation. I hope you find your answer and then please share it with us all.

#4 Alswan S

Alswan S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 07:20 PM

You don't need to apologize. People are free to ask about any movie, from any era, be it TV, theatrical, foreign or domestic. There are some really knowledgeable people on here that know about TV movies, so hopefully one of them will chime in, as I don't have a clue.

Thank-you Lawrence. That really eased my mind-thank-you!!

#5 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Hothead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,724 posts
  • Locationaround the neighborhood

Posted 19 July 2017 - 05:49 PM

You don't need to apologize. People are free to ask about any movie, from any era, be it TV, theatrical, foreign or domestic. There are some really knowledgeable people on here that know about TV movies, so hopefully one of them will chime in, as I don't have a clue.

#6 Alswan S

Alswan S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 05:42 PM

I'm sorry people, I just can't stand it any longer. I assure you that what I'm about to do is far and few, and will never do this again😊-probably. This title is not a TCM movie search but a TV movie made in the 80's or 90's based on a real incident: it is about 2 American hunters who decided to go to the Canadian woods-BC, I believe. Anyway; they inadvertently shot and killed a game warden.Wilst hunting a bear. It was purely an accident but they tried to cover it up by disposing their rifles. The main character wiped his rifle down and threw it away. His partner wanted to dispose his rifle as well lest HE be blamed for the incident. The main character was very reluctant to throw away the other rifle but complied anyway WITHOUT WIPING IT DOWN with a rag before disposing it in the same manner he did his-throwing it away.
A woman game warden who lived in the town was an acting detective/ policeman/warden where her word of justice were carried and fully trusted by the people and Canadian police force. She was not a corrupt lawman. Almost from the start she was suspicious of these two hunters and progressivly picked up clues of their miscreant deed, but she did not reveal these findings to the hunters: she was afraid that they would kill her if she ever exposed them. At the end of the story she offered the two hunters a ride to the airport, but wanted to stop somewhere to show them something incredible at the office. A bear that was shot with one bullet-an amazingly incredible shot. The question is 'where is the other bullet since the two of you shot the bear?'
Through investigative questioning the main character inadvertently admitted to shooting the warden. She had the office bugged where the authorities heard the entire conversation and came to her rescue just before he was going to kill her.
This is a really, really a good story and would like to know the title. Again I apologize for the query not to be a TCM movie, but I didn't know where to turn to for this enquiry. Thanks for everything people😃!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users