We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Thank You Dr. Edwards and Dr. Gehring!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 AprilRain

AprilRain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 05:44 PM

I would also like to express my thanks for my first TCM class.  To Dr. Edwards and Dr. Gehring please accept my thanks and appreciation for activating a lazy mind.  I never really bothered about who did what in making films.  The only name I looked for was Ern Westmore who did the cosmetics in some films.  He once had a TV program.  Funny too, I saw his name a couple of nights ago and can't remember the movie.  Dumb right!  But, I've learned more than I expected and enjoyed the course more than I expected.  Thank you very much.  I look forward to our next course together.  I hope it is as knowledgeable as Hitchcock.  Thank you for the time and work you both spent to make the course something I had to work at, as well.  It was hard at times but fun all the time.  Again, Thank you.

April

• DC SURFERGIRL, Rejana Raj and TheRut53 like this

#22 jfedelchak

jfedelchak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 02:30 PM

I too, have enjoyed this on-line class immensely. I've been a Hitchcock fan for as long as I can remember, from the early days of watching films with my folks on TV (my mom especially liked Hitch) to the many times I've re-watched his movies to relive those golden days and recapture his brilliance. It is my first class with TCM & Ball State and I hope I can continue with others. I am sorry I missed the earlier classes on Slap-stick and Film Noir, I regret not having participated sooner.

Thank you Professors Edwards & Gehrig for such an enjoyable and informative experience, I especially liked your one-on-one lecture discussions, they really brought out some fascinating points of consideration and discussion.

I also wish to pass along my thank-yous to Ben Mankowitz and Alexander Phillippe for their informative commentaries before and after each Hitchcock film they hosted.  I'm proud to say I viewed all 44 films presented and learned many new things. 

Well Done Everyone!!

• DC SURFERGIRL, merrittson1, Rejana Raj and 3 others like this

#23 spotter52

spotter52

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 04:47 PM

I really don't want this course to end (it could easily be a full semester in length). This is my first online course and I look forward to more in the future. Many thanks to Dr. Edwards, Dr. Gehring, Alexandre Phillippe and all at TCM, especially Ben Mankiewicz for his great discussions with Mr. Phillippe. Bravo!

• DC SURFERGIRL, Gilda, Rejana Raj and 5 others like this

#24 Marianne

Marianne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • LocationGreater Boston area

Posted 01 August 2017 - 10:53 AM

Just wanted to say thank you so much to Prof. Edwards and Wes Gehrig. This was my first TCM class and I loved it. The pacing, the activities, the work- all perfect!
I really enjoyed learning about Hitchcock. I've learned so much. I view his films so much differently now.
Thank you for all your hard work.
Rebecca

I also enjoyed the Hitchcock class. It is my third with Professor Edwards, and I am already hoping for a fourth.

Thanks to Dr. Edwards, Dr. Gehring, the Ball State production team, and to everyone else on these discussion threads who contributed so many great ideas, and who just may love movies more than me! Who knew?! :D

• DC SURFERGIRL, Rejana Raj, AprilRain and 6 others like this

#25 Auburnrebecca

Auburnrebecca

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 09:45 PM

Just wanted to say thank you so much to Prof. Edwards and Wes Gehrig. This was my first TCM class and I loved it. The pacing, the activities, the work- all perfect!
I really enjoyed learning about Hitchcock. I've learned so much. I view his films so much differently now.
Thank you for all your hard work.
Rebecca

Edited by TCMModerator1, 04 August 2017 - 10:39 PM.
Merged all of the 'Thank you' threads and Updated the title.

• pete23, Marianne, DC SURFERGIRL and 5 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users