We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Help for a movie title

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Alswan S

Alswan S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 09:51 AM

I'm having a cup of coffee and watching it right now. Thank-you againToastnJam!!

#2 Alswan S

Alswan S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 09:32 AM

Its on YouTube

Thanks ToastnJam for the video clip. That was much appreciated!!

#3 Alswan S

Alswan S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 09:27 AM

I believe you're correct Sherlock.    But hey,  at least I guessed a movie that had a person's name as the title.    :lol:

Thank-you James and Slyton. I'm familiar with Flowers For the Algernon. I saw the movie and during high-school it was a read requisit, as well as The Pearl, Of Mice and Men, etc. I enjoyed every one of those stories except for Catcher in the Rye. Even though I understood the purpose I resented the character.i'll give Larry a view. Thanks again people!!

#4 TOASTnJAM

TOASTnJAM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas NV.

Posted 04 August 2017 - 10:01 PM

Its on YouTube

#5 slaytonf

slaytonf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,969 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 08:37 PM

You were on the trail.  

#6 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

There is nothing as bad as something not so bad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 August 2017 - 08:14 PM

I think it's a TV movie, called Larry (1974), with Frederick Forrest and Tyne Daily:

http://www.tcm.com/t...le/23600/Larry/

I believe you're correct Sherlock.    But hey,  at least I guessed a movie that had a person's name as the title.    :lol:

#7 slaytonf

slaytonf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,969 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 08:05 PM

I think it's a TV movie, called Larry (1974), with Frederick Forrest and Tyne Daily:

http://www.tcm.com/t...le/23600/Larry/

#8 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

There is nothing as bad as something not so bad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,237 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 August 2017 - 06:30 PM

Could be Charly;  1968

The film stars Cliff Robertson as Charly Gordon, an intellectually disabled adult who is selected by two doctors to undergo a surgical procedure that triples his IQ as it did for Algernon, a laboratory mouse who also underwent the same procedure.

#9 Alswan S

Alswan S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 04:07 PM

I'm sorry fellas! I am going to give it another try. I messed up on my last two queries; I wish that I could delete it!! Here it goes: I saw a movie in the 70's about a person who was a genius but was mis-diagnosed as mentally challenged and put into an assylum for such: I don't rightly remember if it was for the hearing and speech impaired as well. He was in there for many years-10 years or so. One day one doctor noticed this man doing something intelligent. After time has passed his other peers started to agree with this find and discovered to their horror and great consternation that this man was in fact a genius. They then wanted to put him into a different ward and slowly acclimatize him to normal people then to people of genius caliber in the real world. I somwhat remember the ending but am not entirely sure. Would anyone happen to know the title. It was a true story that happened ( I believe) in mid 1960 or thereabouts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users