We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Help for a movie title please

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Alswan S

Alswan S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:12 PM

You're welcome, Alswan.  I really liked To the Ends of the Earth.  I hope that it'll be shown on TCM again soon.

I'm putting it in the search box on TCM Canada schedual right now!!

#2 Azure

Azure

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,647 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:03 PM

You're welcome, Alswan.  I really liked To the Ends of the Earth.  I hope that it'll be shown on TCM again soon. 

Screen Goddess of the Week --  Renée Adorée

#3 Alswan S

Alswan S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 09:17 PM

Hi, Alswan. It is indeed a Dick Powell film. It's called To the Ends of the Earth (1948).

Ohhh yes! That's the title. Thanks Azure!

#4 Azure

Azure

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,647 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 09:00 PM

Hi, Alswan. It is indeed a Dick Powell film. It's called To the Ends of the Earth (1948).

Screen Goddess of the Week --  Renée Adorée

#5 Alswan S

Alswan S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 07:54 PM

Hello! I saw a B&W film about a treasury man who's hobby is to grow and cultivate roses. While on vacation at home a mysterious case came to his attention that a lot of money is going through the U.S customs, or whatever. The treasury men are stupefied how it's done. He traced It to an elaborate opium ring operated by a very young looking Chinese woman ( she posed as a nine year old girl with an American guardian whilst aboard a ship. He was investigating THAT SHIP ). THIS IS NOT FROM THE TV SERIES TREASURY MEN IN ACTION. It is a movie made anytime between 30's-50's and I was quite sure that Dick Powel played the leading role. I checked the IMDB but cannot find the film title to his name, so I must be wrong. Would anyone know the title?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users