We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

TCM webserver: Apache Tomcat/6.0 EOL

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MovieCollectorOH

MovieCollectorOH

Wearing my hip waders.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts
  • LocationLand of Bread and Circuses

Posted 27 August 2017 - 11:35 AM

I was curious how long ago the latest server update actually happened.  In my OP I posted the version list from Wikipedia.  Now here is the version list from Apache:

https://tomcat.apach.../changelog.html

To recap, they are using Apache Tomcat 6.0.35.  Version 6.0 was "sunsetted" in April of 2017 with the final point release 6.0.53.  That means there won't be any more security or maintenance on 6.0.

Based on the document linked above, the version they are using (6.0.35) was released on 2011-12-05.  Then the next point release after that (6.0.36) came on 2012-10-19.  The point release they are using was basically a minor release in between two bigger point releases, nothing that special about that.  That helps my theory that they were just using the latest that was available at the time. 

So it is safe to say their server software hasn't been updated since sometime in late 2011 or 2012.  Security patches on their end wouldn't have been available since April of 2017.

Moviecollector's Corner                   *Look for what should be there, but isn't.*              Principia-Scientific.org (independent science news)

usdebtclock.org (just some pretty numbers to watch)

#2 MovieCollectorOH

MovieCollectorOH

Wearing my hip waders.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 01:16 PM

Based only on the title this looked like one of those spam threads that allow one to watch movies and other copy written content illegally.

But once I saw the post was by you (say verses a user name like dirk1343),  I knew it was cool and you just being helpful.   :D

LOL

Moviecollector's Corner                   *Look for what should be there, but isn't.*              Principia-Scientific.org (independent science news)

#3 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

There is nothing as bad as something not so bad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,560 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:39 PM

Just a "heads up" that it looks as if the server platform Apache Tomcat/6.0 which hosts the TCM schedules (and likely the rest of this site) is EOL and will no longer be receiving maintenance releases, after April 2017 (final point release 6.0.53).  [actual version I see running is 6.0.35]

I'm sure everyone at the mothership is fully aware of this. ;)

Based only on the title this looked like one of those spam threads that allow one to watch movies and other copy written content illegally.

But once I saw the post was by you (say verses a user name like vvde4Df),  I knew it was cool and you just being helpful.   :D

Edited to change user name to vvde4Df the latest troll.  Note I just noticed that this site displays the latest 'new user',  often this is a spamming troll.

#4 MovieCollectorOH

MovieCollectorOH

Wearing my hip waders.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 09:04 AM

Just a "heads up" that it looks as if the server platform Apache Tomcat/6.0 which hosts the TCM schedules (and likely the rest of this site) is EOL and will no longer be receiving maintenance releases, after April 2017 (final point release 6.0.53).  [actual version I see running is 6.0.35]

https://en.wikipedia...Tomcat#Releases

I'm sure everyone at the mothership is fully aware of this. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users