We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

WHEN KNIGHTHOOD WAS IN FLOWER

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Hothead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,724 posts
  • Locationaround the neighborhood

Posted 27 August 2017 - 12:52 PM

Other than the first two in the morning, which I already have recorded, I'm planning on recording the entire day and night's worth of programming. I've read much praise for Marion Davies on these boards in the last couple of years, so I thought I'd catch up on her work.

#2 drednm1

drednm1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 12:44 PM

Absolutely do NOT miss the TCM August 29 premiere of Ben Model's fabulous restoration of this 1922 masterpiece starring Marion Davies!

Other Davies silents on August 29 include my DVD projects of The Bride's Play and Enchantment. These have aired on TCM only once before.

Other Davies silents include three of her best: Show People, The Patsy, and The Red Mill.

• metsfan, LawrenceA and film lover 293 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users