We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Name of song in Sept. 2017 programming preview

music please

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 marcar

marcar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationWestern Mass

Posted 31 August 2017 - 07:54 PM

OMG !!!! I'm so excited, because I actually found the song, by looking up lyrics, and then searching YouTube for the videos. AWESOME....it is

Cloud Cult - Through The Ages (The Seeker 2016)  

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY !!! I have found some really great music through the TCM ads, and I am most grateful ! Thanks a million TCM. Yes, you are also my all time favourite tv channel, and II have it on nearly 24 hours a day. xoxo

Thanks JPod, I really appreciate all your effort. I went through the same steps but I had a hard time figuring out the lyrics. I played the promo spot over and over and jotted down what I could. It lead me to Cloud Cult and The Seeker, but I had the wrong song. I appreciate your diligence and your sharing....I'm so happy.

I agree it's a great song. I just added it to my "feel good" playlist. And I'll use AZLyrics when I know the lyrics.I had tried other sites but I didn't have enough of the words right...Thanks again

#2 JPod

JPod

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 01:47 PM

Here are the lyrics, for anyone interested....

Cloud Cult Lyrics

"Through The Agest"

If life is a story we’re meant to live through,
then both me and you are the pages.
I’ll tell you a tale, and most of it’s true,
you see, I came here for you through the ages.

Once there was a wanderer who wandered for you,
And I wandered for you through the ages.
Through rainbows, tornadoes, volcanoes, typhoons...
I made it through to be with you through the ages.
We were born on a lightning bolt, grew up in the ocean salt,
We’ve traveled through ten thousand lives.
So if ever I can’t see the magic around me,
please take my hands off my eyes.

I’m done being stupid and worried and dramatic,
so I lay down my every disguise
So if ever I can’t see the magic around me,
please take my hands off my eyes.

I don’t know where we’re from, but we came here to be.
We came here to be courageous.
I don’t know what’s to came, but I’ll stay beside you.
I’ll stay beside you through the ages.
If life is a story we’re meant to live through,
then both me and you are the pages.

courtesy of ALyrics.com !!

• mr6666 and marcar like this

#3 JPod

JPod

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 01:43 PM

OMG !!!! I'm so excited, because I actually found the song, by looking up lyrics, and then searching YouTube for the videos. AWESOME....it is

Cloud Cult - Through The Ages (The Seeker 2016)  

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY !!! I have found some really great music through the TCM ads, and I am most grateful ! Thanks a million TCM. Yes, you are also my all time favourite tv channel, and II have it on nearly 24 hours a day. xoxo

• marcar likes this

#4 JPod

JPod

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 01:32 PM

I am searching for the same thing. On YouTube, in the past, I have found the information, but not this time. What a beautiful tune it is !! Something like "Through the Ages", but I have not had any luck finding it as yet. PLEASE...someone in the know, let US know who is responsible for the great music. Pretty please ???

#5 marcar

marcar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationWestern Mass

Posted 29 August 2017 - 11:32 AM

Can anyone pls help me find the music in the current Sept. programming promo that's running now on TCM. I found a song called "Living in Awe" by Cloud Cult and the first 30 seconds have the same lyrics and tune, but the rest of the 4-minute song is just instrumental. I couldn't find another version of this song anywhere. Can you help?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users