We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Now Playing Magazine Emailed Yet?

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,727 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 16 September 2017 - 10:12 AM

baa45015-0bdf-4669-aeb4-556ead585dfa.png

Your point being?

#2 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,727 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 16 September 2017 - 10:11 AM

Still do not have mine.  

Out of curiosity I checked for Spectrum's basic packages - apparently there is no such thing anymore. They begin with Select, which has  TCM and TCM On Demand (through Spectrum, not tcm.com).  Hard to figure out as all the websites push bundling.

But it appears TCM is included in their lowest cost services.  Of course, I am sure that if you call and push them they will offer the service that FCC requires that is much lower in cost and has far fewer channels.  At least there used to be such a service.

Point is, we are not paying for TCM per se as much as the provider is paying TCM.  But provider cannot sell advertising space on TCM as it can on most other channels.

#3 bocalovestheclassics

bocalovestheclassics

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • LocationDelray Beach, Florida

Posted 15 September 2017 - 10:30 AM

baa45015-0bdf-4669-aeb4-556ead585dfa.png

#4 LonesomePolecat

LonesomePolecat

Wocka Wocka Wocka!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,479 posts
  • LocationLA, CA

Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:45 PM

I never got mine either, alas

#5 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,727 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:47 AM

As of one minute ago, I have not received mine.  Not in inbox or spam.  Have tcm.com included in my address book.

They should have kept the print version going until they knew that all "subscribers" to email version were receiving it.

Very poor planning on TCM management's part.

• mr6666 likes this

#6 bocalovestheclassics

bocalovestheclassics

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:07 AM

This is how AMC started its downfall by stopping their magazine.  Next came the commercials.

I quit watching that channel long ago. That was such a good channel back in the 90's, I remember Nick Cloony announced movies on that channel. Then one day, a commercial broke in and the whole channel went in a different direction.

#7 im4cinema2

im4cinema2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:20 PM

This is how AMC started its downfall by stopping their magazine.  Next came the commercials.

#8 bocalovestheclassics

bocalovestheclassics

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:19 PM

They should have waited and still sent out paper back Now Playing until they fix this kink.

#9 midnight08

midnight08

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:21 PM

ok, I have been out of touch due to IRMA, and was wondering if anyone has received their NOW PLAYING GUIDE BY email??? 

I registered for it a second time over the Labor Day weekend and I still haven't heard or received anything from TCM.

Very aggravating. 

#10 bocalovestheclassics

bocalovestheclassics

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 02:48 PM

ok, I have been out of touch due to IRMA, and was wondering if anyone has received their NOW PLAYING GUIDE BY email??? 

#11 im4cinema2

im4cinema2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:05 AM

I used to find the A to Z listing helpful but it is now no where available.  Could you please have an alphabetical listing again ?

#12 HollywoodDispatcher

HollywoodDispatcher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:13 PM

Same experience here. I don't get why they don't just offer the Now Playing downloadable through a link on the website, after all, it's already free! My guess is we live in the age where mailing lists are king. No idea or word if they will get this sorted out, but a BIG disappointment. I took Now Playing for years and they abruptly canceled the print version. Of course, I never did have much luck with Palm Coast, FL. They never sent it on time and it would often drop after I renewed sometimes. I eventually had two subscriptions because I figured if one didn't show up in the mail the other would. It worked for a couple of years. Same thing with the catalog. Signed up numerous times and two different emails...NOTHING. Finally called Palm Coast and gave them my info. NOTHING. Tried again a year later and finally got one catalog. The website is a mess. Have to register for everything and it takes forever. Multiple layers of ridiculous security stuff. It's a classic movie website for God sake, not Area 51!! Anyway, I hope they figure out the Now Playing, but I'm willing to bet they just gave up and aren't doing it after all the hulabaloo.

#13 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,727 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 03 September 2017 - 08:37 AM

I haven't signed up yet and am hoping they'll work out the glitches soon. But it is disappointing to not be able to receive the guide in print. That would just make life easier and be so much better than another email newsletter; if anything I've been unsubscribing from lists because I don't want more - I want less. I hope this will all be reconsidered.

I wrote a letter to the TCM CEO a couple of months ago, but no response.

You could write to the below address and see if that helps.  I did a week or so ago.  You can also go to the contact us link at tcm.com, but do not expect any answer.

TCM Viewer Relations

1050 Techwood Drive NW

Atlanta, GA 30318

#14 vintagesnaps

vintagesnaps

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 04:36 PM

I haven't signed up yet and am hoping they'll work out the glitches soon. But it is disappointing to not be able to receive the guide in print. That would just make life easier and be so much better than another email newsletter; if anything I've been unsubscribing from lists because I don't want more - I want less. I hope this will all be reconsidered.

• mr6666 and TheCid like this

Sharon

#15 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,727 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 02 September 2017 - 03:45 PM

In case anyone is interested:  Using Firefox browser, I clicked Print from the menu, and first it brings up the print dialog box.  From that box there is a list of printers I can choose to print from.  My printer is in there and selected, but there is also another choice which says "Print To File".  I selected that option, filename to name it, and made sure PDF was selected.  That was enough to generate that file.  The file will be where you saved it.

There may be a similar feature with other internet browsers.

I did find a way to save it as a PDF file by going through about 10+ steps.  Any other method of saving required purchasing something. Then set-up print in my Canon MG3500 printer, but it is now 79 pages long with lots of space around each entry, mostly in colors.

Found a way to convert it to a Word document, but that expanded it to 89 pages with no change in lots of colored spaces.

Trying to save it as a PDF document or download any other way brought up boxes to purchase something to enable doing it.

Thanks for the help, but I am giving up at this point.  Maybe someday TCM will figure out how to email a user friendly (less costly) schedule.

• mr6666 likes this

#16 bocalovestheclassics

bocalovestheclassics

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 03:40 PM

Finally got it uploaded, but it is only the schedule, 34 pages long.

#17 bocalovestheclassics

bocalovestheclassics

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 03:33 PM

In case anyone is interested:  Using Firefox browser, I clicked Print from the menu, and first it brings up the print dialog box.  From that box there is a list of printers I can choose to print from.  My printer is in there and selected, but there is also another choice which says "Print To File".  I selected that option, filename to name it, and made sure PDF was selected.  That was enough to generate that file.  The file will be where you saved it.

I cannot use Fire fox, it has given me too many viruses.

#18 MovieCollectorOH

MovieCollectorOH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,993 posts
  • LocationLand of Bread and Circuses

Posted 02 September 2017 - 01:41 PM

I tried to upload it, and it does not work on my computer

Did you click on the link and then click on the printer button in the upper right?  That is an embedded PDF viewer and has its own printer controls.  Or if you didn't see anything at all maybe the server was down for a bit.

Moviecollector's Corner                   *Look for what should be there, but isn't.*              Principia-Scientific.org (independent science news)

#19 MovieCollectorOH

MovieCollectorOH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,993 posts
  • LocationLand of Bread and Circuses

Posted 02 September 2017 - 01:35 PM

Really appreciate your help!  

Did go to your link and that worked.  The preview shows everything as it should be.  

I went to the tcm.com/monthly schedule and saved it.  Automatically saves as a Word doc even if I save as a download and when I try to convert to PDF, get a box saying I need to purchase something to do that.   So will continue to print without getting the actors included.  Can always use the information button on my cable remote to get that info.

Actually may just go back to using the onscreen info provided by cable system.

It is 11:17 ET, Sep 02 and just checked my email and spam again.  Nothing.  Always check my spam folder before deleting it.

Moviecollector's Corner                   *Look for what should be there, but isn't.*              Principia-Scientific.org (independent science news)

#20 bocalovestheclassics

bocalovestheclassics

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 12:20 PM

I forget if I suggested saving it to a PDF file, and then printing from that PDF file.

I have done the first part for you.  See what happens with this:

http://moviecollecto...tmp/mozilla.pdf

I tried to upload it, and it does not work on my computer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users