We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Titles of movies please

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Alswan S

Alswan S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 06:28 PM

Dick Powell does some narration in Murder, My Sweet.
Of course, for laughs, there is Steve Martin doing it in Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid.

Thanks SCSU!! I'll keep out an eye for it.

#2 Alswan S

Alswan S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 06:26 PM

A lot of noirs have the doomed man narrate the scenes and situations; e .g. Double Indemnity and Detour come to mind. 

I'll have to think of films where the sleuth (P.I or cop),  does that.  

PS:  Most police procedural films utilize voice-over narration but it isn't done by anyone appearing in the film.  

E.g. Mystery Street and The House on 92 Street come to mind.

Thank-you for the input, James and SCSU !! If you can think of others, by all means bring them to my attention. Thanks again for the input!!

#3 scsu1975

scsu1975

Tor B the Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,941 posts
  • LocationEd Wood movie

Posted 07 September 2017 - 04:48 PM

Dick Powell does some narration in Murder, My Sweet.

Of course, for laughs, there is Steve Martin doing it in Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid.

I'm a big boy.

#4 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

There is nothing as bad as something not so bad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,239 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 September 2017 - 04:21 PM

Hello!! I noticed that TCM is going to air a number of crime films. I dooo enjoy crime films and shows. One particular genre that I enjoy is when a sleuth narrates the scenes or situations and revealing his inner thoughts etc. about his case. I do not know any titles of this genre, but have seen one or two of them in the past. Could anyone provide a a number of titles of this genre of crime films?

A lot of noirs have the doomed man narrate the scenes and situations; e .g. Double Indemnity and Detour come to mind. 

I'll have to think of films where the sleuth (P.I or cop),  does that.  

PS:  Most police procedural films utilize voice-over narration but it isn't done by anyone appearing in the film.  

E.g. Mystery Street and The House on 92 Street come to mind. 

#5 Alswan S

Alswan S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 04:09 PM

Hello!! I noticed that TCM is going to air a number of crime films. I dooo enjoy crime films and shows. One particular genre that I enjoy is when a sleuth narrates the scenes or situations and revealing his inner thoughts etc. about his case. I do not know any titles of this genre, but have seen one or two of them in the past. Could anyone provide a a number of titles of this genre of crime films?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users