We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

The Now Playing Newsletter

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,830 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 20 October 2017 - 09:05 AM

I've had two problems with the new Now Playing Newsletter:

1. I received the September edition but did not​ receive the October edition.  Clearly, TCM had my email address, and there was no problem receiving NP on my end.  It seems like there must have been some problem on TCM's end when it didn't send me the October NP.  Please correct this problem.

2. Please send NP before the first of the month so that we can review it and plan our viewing before the month starts.  Yes, I've seen the advice to go online to see the schedule before the 1st.  That doesn't work because I want to highlight a hard copy of the schedule to remind me about upcoming movies.  (Please don't tell me about the email reminders.  I've tried them, and they don't work very well.  I've sometimes received reminders months after the movie was shown.)

Why does TCM want to make it difficult for its loyal viewers to watch TCM?

​I really loved the old Now Playing and subscribed for years.  (I would have paid more for it.)  I'm now trying to work with the new electronic version, but it's really not working very well.

These have all been suggested or commented upon in the past and ignored.

I went to tcm.com and subscribed again to NPG.  Clicked on the October one on the sign-up site.  When I clicked on programming, it brought up the standard monthly schedule at tcm.com.

The October schedule takes 21 pages to print.  That's roughly 252 pages per year.  The printable version of the monthly schedule should be much smaller.

#2 BingFan

BingFan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 08:56 AM

I've had two problems with the new Now Playing Newsletter:

1. I received the September edition but did not​ receive the October edition.  Clearly, TCM had my email address, and there was no problem receiving NP on my end.  It seems like there must have been some problem on TCM's end when it didn't send me the October NP.  Please correct this problem.

2. Please send NP before the first of the month so that we can review it and plan our viewing before the month starts.  Yes, I've seen the advice to go online to see the schedule before the 1st.  That doesn't work because I want to highlight a hard copy of the schedule to remind me about upcoming movies.  (Please don't tell me about the email reminders.  I've tried them, and they don't work very well.  I've sometimes received reminders months after the movie was shown.)

Why does TCM want to make it difficult for its loyal viewers to watch TCM?

​I really loved the old Now Playing and subscribed for years.  (I would have paid more for it.)  I'm now trying to work with the new electronic version, but it's really not working very well.

• TheCid likes this

#3 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,830 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:54 AM

Thank you all for posting and reaching out regarding issues related to getting the newsletter. There are a few reasons why you may be experiencing issues receiving the Now Playing newsletter:

1. Please double check that your newsletter did not arrive in your spam or junk folder. If it has, you can add it to your safe sender list to ensure it doesn't happen next month: nowplaying@siteservices.tcm.com
  2. If you don't see it in your Spam folder, double check that nowplaying@siteservices.tcm.com is on your safe sender list as your email provider may not be letting us come through. 

If spam and other filters have been looked at, and you have double-checked your email address is on file with us, you may have opted out of receiving a TCM email in the past (either by unsubscribing or contacting TCM to take you off the list). If that is the case, please know that we are actively working to update our system to allow you to be added back to our list to receive the newsletter. In the meantime, you can access the past issue here.

If you have not done so yet, please email our Viewer Relations (via Contact Us on TCM.com) and let us know your email address so we can alert our data team to ensure we get you on the list to receive (if you have already sent in to us, we do have it on file).

We will also be posting the latest link to view the Now Playing Newsletter on our social channels so that you'll be able to see all the great things happening at TCM throughout the month. Be sure and check out TCM on FB and Twitter on the first and fifteenth of the month to see the latest Newsletter.

We thank you so much for your patience during this transition!

I went to TCM.com and clicked on contact us at bottom of home page.  There are two ways to contact TCM.  One is to click on the contact us "icon" (with a microphone) and that brings up the generic contact page.  I have used it many times in past few months to raise this issue with no response.  Incidentally, as recently as three weeks ago, if you selected one of the topics with Now Playing in it or you mentioned Now Playing in your comments, you got an automated response on how to subscribe to the paper no longer available version or how to sign up for the email.  No response as to why not working.

There is also the How do I contact TCM topic under the list of Most Popular Topics under the Knowledge Base "icon" with a stack of papers.  That brings up TCM Viewer Relations and requires a paper letter to them in Atlanta.  Done that, no response.  You can also call them and leave a message that may or may not be answered.  Mine never were.

Thanks for your help and maybe this new "email contact" will work, but contacting TCM is difficult, if not impossible.

#4 TheCid

TheCid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,830 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:34 AM

Thank you all for posting and reaching out regarding issues related to getting the newsletter. There are a few reasons why you may be experiencing issues receiving the Now Playing newsletter:

1. Please double check that your newsletter did not arrive in your spam or junk folder. If it has, you can add it to your safe sender list to ensure it doesn't happen next month: nowplaying@siteservices.tcm.com
  2. If you don't see it in your Spam folder, double check that nowplaying@siteservices.tcm.com is on your safe sender list as your email provider may not be letting us come through. 

If spam and other filters have been looked at, and you have double-checked your email address is on file with us, you may have opted out of receiving a TCM email in the past (either by unsubscribing or contacting TCM to take you off the list). If that is the case, please know that we are actively working to update our system to allow you to be added back to our list to receive the newsletter. In the meantime, you can access the past issue here.

If you have not done so yet, please email our Viewer Relations (via Contact Us on TCM.com) and let us know your email address so we can alert our data team to ensure we get you on the list to receive (if you have already sent in to us, we do have it on file).

We will also be posting the latest link to view the Now Playing Newsletter on our social channels so that you'll be able to see all the great things happening at TCM throughout the month. Be sure and check out TCM on FB and Twitter on the first and fifteenth of the month to see the latest Newsletter.

Not sure what a "safe sender list" is.  I enter emails into my Contacts list and that is supposed to let all emails from that "person" go to my inbox.  Works fine for all others.

I have added the one above and we'll see what happens.

#5 TCMModerator1

TCMModerator1

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 397 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 04:53 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users