We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

The Annual FrankGrimes Torture Thread

• Please log in to reply
12954 replies to this topic

#41 FrankGrimes

FrankGrimes

Scott

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,864 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 25 December 2015 - 11:59 PM

Ha!  You're quick!  That was great.

#42 rohanaka

rohanaka

Ro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,795 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 25 December 2015 - 11:32 PM

Painful!  I think some need a Christmas spanking

donovan2.jpg

• Bronxgirl48 likes this

#43 FrankGrimes

FrankGrimes

Scott

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,864 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 25 December 2015 - 11:26 PM

OH no!! That must be TORTURE for you for sure, ha. (since I know you hate that movie so much!!) :D 

Ha!  Yes!  I've got my toy train set up.  Don't you dare touch it!

Alas!! If only I knew how to do one of those "gif" thingies. ha!

Hahaha!  Painful!  I think some need a Christmas spanking. :D

• rohanaka likes this

#44 rohanaka

rohanaka

Ro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,795 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 11:22 PM

The Grey Dude says:  it feels like we're here for Christmas!

OH no!! That must be TORTURE for you for sure, ha. (since I know you hate that movie so much!!) :D 

Alas!! If only I knew how to do one of those "gif" thingies. ha! :D 

donovan9.jpgdonovan8.jpgdonovan7.jpgdonovan6.jpg

#45 FrankGrimes

FrankGrimes

Scott

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,864 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 25 December 2015 - 12:08 PM

Fantastic!  I do love A Christmas Story.  And Gene! :D  Thank you both.

A very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours.  There's nothing I value more than family and friends.  I've made some wonderful friends on this board.  I would have never thought it to be that way.  The lovely surprises of life.

And here in the Northeast, it feels like we're here for Christmas!:

donovansreef1_zps4gtmpy2u.jpg

• Bronxgirl48 and rohanaka like this

#46 Bronxgirl48

Bronxgirl48

Bronxie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,564 posts
  • LocationThe French Riviera (in my dreams)

Posted 25 December 2015 - 05:22 AM

Gene and I wish you the best Christmas season ever, Scottie! 

!af9c12e97e07040a49e1468a0d8a90c1.jpg

#47 rohanaka

rohanaka

Ro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,795 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 11:53 PM

Merry Christmas Grey Dude.. and to all my fellow TCM friends and family too. Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and enjoy the day.  (And meanwhile, while we're all off celebrating...  Ralphie will be here to hold down the fort.) :D  

acs1.jpg

#48 rohanaka

rohanaka

Ro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,795 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 10:07 PM

HELLO there, Grey Dude, 

It's not all my fault with the obscure titles.  I have accomplices!

I will say though, even so.. you DO like to keep your horizons wide open these days. (at least SOME of them.. you are still too stubborn to watch BABE!!)   :D

RE: An American in Paris   What does the kidling think of this one?

She has it in a four disc set of Kelly movies that she got a year or so ago. And she likes it well enough. But she prefers On the Town out of the four films on that set. She said American in Paris would be maybe her second fave in the set of 4 but maybe would list it 6th or so for her favorite GK movie (among the ones she's seen altogether) That is her unscientific listing, without actually sitting down and listing out which ones she seen and how she likes them, ha. 

Who hasn't seen a Frankie and Annette film?  Me!  Until now.  I liked it.  There's a cute sexiness to it.  I really liked Robert Cummings and Dorothy Malone.  They added a lot to this kind of picture.

I am shocked you had never seen any of them at all. And even more shocked that you liked it. I'd have figured the level of "silliness" in most of the storylines for the beach movies would not be much to your liking, but to be honest I'd have to see this one again to compare it (for how much the "silliness" comes into play in this as opposed to the others) I know I saw several of them over the years. But then again.. they all seem like the same movie to me. (did I mention if you've seen one, you've seen them all??) :D 

I like Brando and Jean, but the supporting cast is what I felt was best about the film.  So we're in agreement.  

Shocking!! (that we agree! ha) My favorites are Sinatra and his poor girlfriend.. OH. and the "Nicely-nicely" guy. ha. 

Hamlet (1948)  I did like the ending.  I liked the film as a whole.  The opening act is quite compelling.

Oh that Wil Shakespeare.. he's quite a guy. I have only read/seen maybe a handful of his stories, but I have enjoyed every one of them. I like him for much the same reason I enjoy Dickens in that he had a pretty good handle on human nature and what makes people tick. 

While I have watched the British "Titanic", this film is a Loretta Young comedy.

HA!!!! Silly me. I should have looked at the date you listed for the film, but I didn't even notice it. DUH. Meanwhile.. I looked up the Loretta film.. I don't think I have seen it (did not ring a bell) but it IS on youtube, so maybe I can check it out. 

The British "Titanic" is much better.

Than what.. the Loretta movie  or the big blockbuster disaster movie from about 15 yrs ago? :P

This one fell flat for me.  It has elements that I like, but the overall picture just didn't work for me.

Read the play. The story is probably better than the picture, though I can't say for sure since I have not seen it, ha. But I think it DOES have the elements you would like in a tragic tale, ha. I will say though, that it is not my favorite for Shakespeare, but it IS still a pretty good story overall. Maybe the film you saw didn't do it justice. 

RE: The Sound of Music  Well, I didn't hate it.  But I surely don't hold it in high regard like most.  Definitely not my cup of tea.

Ha, well that is NO surprise there. I think I would have taken your temperature or something if you had said  you LOVED it. ha. I think it one of those things like the Wizard of Oz, (maybe.. though the two films really are not anything alike)   You didn't grow up loving it.. so you just aren't able to enjoy it now that you are too old to like it. ha. 

Ha!  This is my kind of mainstream musical!  A romantic tragedy works for me!

I totally can see this one working for you. That is why I think you should READ Romeo and Juliet. The story is right up your alley. (from what I remember of it.) This film (to me) makes a better example for the themes and mood of R&J  than maybe the actual play would.  But then again.. I am no expert on Shakespeare...   :)

#49 FrankGrimes

FrankGrimes

Scott

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,864 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 04 December 2015 - 10:40 AM

Ha! Kookie is good! And I'm sure you're not a cookie, literally. 😀

#50 SansFin

SansFin

U. S. Citizen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,915 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 02:45 AM

You're a smart cookie

Capuchin saw your post and commented that you misspelled: "kookie." I can assure you that he will be doing penance soon for that remark.

I feel that: "cookie" does not properly apply to me. Certain men such as Steve McQueen can make me melt. I can think of no situation which would make me crumble. 

• TheGayDivorcee likes this

My Avatar: Little girl ghost from "義足のMoses"

Russian nesting dolls are full of themselves.

#51 FrankGrimes

FrankGrimes

Scott

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,864 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 03 December 2015 - 02:42 PM

Ha! And "dumb" is not a word I'd ever apply with you. You're a smart cookie who knows her movies.

#52 SansFin

SansFin

U. S. Citizen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,915 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 03:30 AM

my thinking was, "that's the McQueen film that's great?  What does she know?!" 

I believe that the appropriate phrase is: "The good Lord, in His infinite mercy, did not make me as dumb as I look."

;)

• CaveGirl likes this

#53 FrankGrimes

FrankGrimes

Scott

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,864 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 01 December 2015 - 11:08 PM

Hiya, Queen of the Furies -- WOO! Ridiculously long is RIGHT. ha. But I love your lists. They are a sign to me that at least ONE thing in this mixed up, messed up, whacked out world will always stay the same. ha. It is fun to read through all the many titles and try to guess which ones you liked. (though in truth I just have to wait for you to tell me on most of them because (at least over the last couple of years) you have been WAY out of my realm of knowledge for most of them. ha. (many I would have never even heard of were it not for you.) 

It's not all my fault with the obscure titles.  I have accomplices!

An American in Paris (1951)  It's ok. But not a huge fave for me w/ Gene Kelly. 

What does the kidling think of this one?

Beach Party (1963)  YOU watched a Frankie and Annette movie?? ha. I know I have seen this one (because who HASN'T seen Frankie and Annette) but I would not be able to say much other than... you know.. It's Frankie and Annette. ha. I am sure this one is pretty much the same as the others. (if you've seen one, you've seen them all. more or less) ha. I bet it has Frankie and Annette.. probably some dancing, and kissing.. and there is a beach. ha. (Ok.. so I enjoyed them as a kid, but would probably take a pass now, ha) 

Who hasn't seen a Frankie and Annette film?  Me!  Until now.  I liked it.  There's a cute sexiness to it.  I really liked Robert Cummings and Dorothy Malone.  They added a lot to this kind of picture.

A Child Is Waiting (1963) Not your typical Judy movie. Have not seen it but once (and that was a few years ago) Can't recall TOO much, but do remember it being very emotional. 

A very tender, moving picture.  Some outdated thinking with the film, but the sentiment remains strong.

Fantastic Voyage (1966)  Meh. Not so fantastic to ME. ha (that probably means you LOVED this one, doesn't it. ha) :D

Yeah, I liked it more than you. :D

Guys and Dolls (1955)  I always enjoy this one... though not so much for Jean and Marlon Brando. I love all the OTHER characters though. Fun film, overall. 

I like Brando and Jean, but the supporting cast is what I felt was best about the film.  So we're in agreement.

Hamlet (1948) Have not seen THIS version of the story, but have read it (in High School) and also have seen it in other versions over the years. Not my tippy top favorite for Shakespeare but STILL a very excellent tale. (tragic.. so tragic. I bet you loved the ending. ha) 

I did like the ending.  I liked the film as a whole.  The opening act is quite compelling.

A Night to Remember (1942)  Very good rendition of the tragic tale. (way better than the big, ginormous, ridiculously BORING blockbuster version that came out several years back.. except.. ok the special effects in Titanic WERE pretty cool.. but that is where it starts and stops for me. ha. ANTR is a much better film. 

While I have watched the British "Titanic", this film is a Loretta Young comedy. :D  The British "Titanic" is much better.

Romeo and Juliet (1936)  Again. another that I have READ (and also saw a different version, not the 30's) The film that I saw was not so good as just reading it for myself. Don't know how the 1936 version would compare. (again.. ha.. tragedy, tragedy, tragedy.. right  up your alley. I am sure. ha) 

This one fell flat for me.  It has elements that I like, but the overall picture just didn't work for me.

The Sound of Music (1965)  I predict you HATED it. ha. (but that is only because it has always been one that I have enjoyed. We found the vhs tape at a garage sale a couple of years ago (for a DOLLAR!) and the kidling loves to watch it. 

Ha!  Well, I didn't hate it.  But I surely don't hold it in high regard like most.  Definitely not my cup of tea.

Support Your Local Sheriff! (1969)  PERFECT movie for Garner.. he did a great job. (loved Jack Elam too, and Joan Hackett was hilarious) Pretty fun movie overall, as I recall, but would have to see it again to say much more.) 

I agree.  It really is a perfect film for James.  What a likable actor he is.  So much fun.  And the film is a hoot.

Ten Little Indians (1965)  Don't think I have seen the movie, but I DID read the book. EVERY body is the killler.  (if I recall) Not my most favorite for Agatha Christie. But then she has a lot of stories, and some I like better than others, but in truth I have only read (or seen the films) for a handful. 

I really enjoy this story but not this film.  And Then There Were None is a film I greatly enjoy that does a fun job with Christie's story.

West Side Story (1961)  Romeo and Juliet.. with singing and dancing. ha. VERY good film just for the singing and dancing. Can't say it is my most favorite musical ever.. but still a really fine film, if you want to just to sit back and be amazed at all the talent that went into making it.

Ha!  This is my kind of mainstream musical!  A romantic tragedy works for me!

#54 FrankGrimes

FrankGrimes

Scott

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,864 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 01 December 2015 - 10:28 PM

Hola, SansFin -- This is one of my all-time favorite movies! It is excellent on many levels. It is two very strong personalities dealing with the weakness of falling in love and having to work very hard to maintain their personas. I love in particular that it did not wimp-out with Hollywood ending. Each stayed true to their persona despite being deeply in love. The ending is such a surprise because there seems to be two options but they did a third we did not suspect. It is perfection!

You know, I remember when you mentioned how much you loved this film in the past.  Those words stuck with me.  But my thinking was, "that's the McQueen film that's great?  What does she know?!"  Well, she knows. :D  All of what you wrote is right on.  Love the ending.  Love Steve McQueen and Faye Dunaway.  Love the cat and mouse between man and woman.  Sublime.

I do think it is biggest mistake that any woman could ever make would be to have priorities other than running away with Steve McQueen and millions of dollars cash.

Hilarious!

I like this very much. It is based on I. Asimov story. The graphics are amazing for the era.

I enjoyed The Fantastic Voyage a good deal, too.  I was engaged from the start of the picture and it never lost me.  I liked the presentation a lot.  It also had some good tension.

Ina Claire is a delight in this and Joan Blondell is at her best.

Agreed!  Ina was a revelation!  I had no idea who this woman was.  She's fantastic in The Greeks Had a Word for Them.  It's such a recklessly fun picture.

I find this a wonderful movie! It may be a little longer than need be but the character interactions are quite powerful. The cast is perfect in their roles.

More agreement!  I was completely charmed by The Madwoman of Chaillot.  Such a great surprise.  I think the film captures my own feelings of life.  Katharine Hepburn is once again brilliant.  And the supporting cast is excellent.

I like this very much. Performances are very powerful.

It's good to see someone else has seen Summer with Monika.  It certainly does have powerful performances.  Particularly by Harriet Andersson.  The story is quite interesting, too.

#55 FrankGrimes

FrankGrimes

Scott

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,864 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 01 December 2015 - 10:04 PM

Hey there, Movieman -- Man, you have been busy. How long to get through this list? I admire your dedication.

This list stretches back to the beginning of August, so it's been a while.  My movie watching picks up in the fall and winter.

An American in Paris - some first rate dancing going on here. Whatever one thinks of the underlying story the dancing is to be admired and enjoyed.

That's a good assessment.  The ending is one of the best I have seen in musicals.  I think it makes the film.

Footlight Parade - is where I first saw Cagney dance. I knew the gangster Cagney and read he could dance but had not seen it before this one. Can't say I remember much of the movie but thought he could dance pretty well. He certainly had his own style.

Cagney certainly elevates this film.  He brings that extra kick that musicals often lack with me.  I'm also learning that I enjoy Busby Berkeley's elaborate, extravagant numbers.  Very titillating.

Gunfight At The OK Corral - we've talked about this one and I've always enjoyed it. It's not "Shane" or "The Searchers" but it is good sold entertainment.

It's a film you have suggested to me on multiple occasions.  It's a good one.  I like Kirk Douglas a lot in this film.  It's one of his best performances.  Which is saying a lot.

Guys and Dolls - didn't care much for Brando here but thought the sets and all those colors were novel. I love Jean Simmons.

Jean is terrific, as usual.  But I also liked Brando.  I wasn't crazy about the picture, but the individual performances and the colorful supporting cast make it endearing.

Judgement At Nuremburg - is a big undertaking, maybe too big. Tracy, Schell, Widmark, for a start, give fine performances. I thought some of the Dietrich segment might not be needed but it has been a long time since I've seen it.

The film was on the dry side for me.  Schell is who I was most impressed by.  His performance was strong and overshadowed most of the bigger stars in the cast.  Quite a showing.

The List of Adrian Messenger - is a pretty good drama in spite of its gimmick. That part of it was the only drawback as the makeup was so over the top.

Ha!  And it's the gimmick that I got a kick out of the most!  The story was less interesting to me.  Yet another intriguing performance by Kirk Douglas.

Support Your Local Sheriff - one of my favorite comedies. It certainly helps to find Jack Elam was a riot. With Brennan playing against type and the ever affable Garner in the lead it's fun from the opening right through Elam's postscript. "Pooberty."

This is the other western you have suggested to me more than once.  It was a good suggestion.  It's a funny western made so by the confident, breezy Garner.  When he's relaxed like this, he's a joy to watch.  As you mentioned, both Elam and Brennan bring a lot to the proceedings.  Both are wonderful.  And Joan Hackett is also good as "Prudy".

Westbound - this one really needed Burt Kennedy. It's not that it's awful but that it is just another routine western. Bonus points for Karen Steele.

I wonder if Miss G has read this. :D

West Side Story - innovative choreography and glorious music overcome a very broad style of acting that seems more suited to its stage origin than on film. The best part was taking my daughter to see it in the theater a few years ago.

Very nice!  Shockingly, this is a musical I liked a good deal.  It sure helps that there is plenty of tragedy.

#56 movieman1957

movieman1957

Chris

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,580 posts
  • LocationAnnapolis MD

Posted 28 November 2015 - 07:06 AM

Re: Beach Party.

And Annette is the only lady not in a bikini unless Kaye Ballard is running around.
  • rohanaka likes this

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana. 

G. Marx.

#57 rohanaka

rohanaka

Ro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,795 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 01:44 AM

I know how ridiculously long this list of films I have watched is.  If you find any on the list you wish to comment on, please do.

WOO! Ridiculously long is RIGHT. ha. But I love your lists. They are a sign to me that at least ONE thing in this mixed up, messed up, whacked out world will always stay the same. ha. It is fun to read through all the many titles and try to guess which ones you liked. (though in truth I just have to wait for you to tell me on most of them because (at least over the last couple of years) you have been WAY out of my realm of knowledge for most of them. ha. (many I would have never even heard of were it not for you.) 

At least I have seen (and/or READ) a few of the titles you listed this time. 

An American in Paris (1951)  It's ok. But not a huge fave for me w/ Gene Kelly. 

Beach Party (1963)  YOU watched a Frankie and Annette movie?? ha. I know I have seen this one (because who HASN'T seen Frankie and Annette) but I would not be able to say much other than... you know.. It's Frankie and Annette. ha. I am sure this one is pretty much the same as the others. (if you've seen one, you've seen them all. more or less) ha. I bet it has Frankie and Annette.. probably some dancing, and kissing.. and there is a beach. ha. (Ok.. so I enjoyed them as a kid, but would probably take a pass now, ha) 

A Child Is Waiting (1963) Not your typical Judy movie. Have not seen it but once (and that was a few years ago) Can't recall TOO much, but do remember it being very emotional. 

Fantastic Voyage (1966)  Meh. Not so fantastic to ME. ha (that probably means you LOVED this one, doesn't it. ha) :D

Guys and Dolls (1955)  I always enjoy this one... though not so much for Jean and Marlon Brando. I love all the OTHER characters though. Fun film, overall. 

Hamlet (1948) Have not seen THIS version of the story, but have read it (in High School) and also have seen it in other versions over the years. Not my tippy top favorite for Shakespeare but STILL a very excellent tale. (tragic.. so tragic. I bet you loved the ending. ha) 

Judgment at Nuremberg (1961 I know I have seen this film but it has been WAY too long for me to comment on it. 

A Night to Remember (1942)  Very good rendition of the tragic tale. (way better than the big, ginormous, ridiculously BORING blockbuster version that came out several years back.. except.. ok the special effects in Titanic WERE pretty cool.. but that is where it starts and stops for me. ha. ANTR is a much better film. 

No Man of Her Own (1950)  I THINK I have seen this one.. but agh. I don't remember much about it, other than the synopsis I read online tonight was very familiar. 

Romeo and Juliet (1936)  Again. another that I have READ (and also saw a different version, not the 30's) The film that I saw was not so good as just reading it for myself. Don't know how the 1936 version would compare. (again.. ha.. tragedy, tragedy, tragedy.. right  up your alley. I am sure. ha) 

The Sound of Music (1965)  I predict you HATED it. ha. (but that is only because it has always been one that I have enjoyed. We found the vhs tape at a garage sale a couple of years ago (for a DOLLAR!) and the kidling loves to watch it. 

Support Your Local Sheriff! (1969)  PERFECT movie for Garner.. he did a great job. (loved Jack Elam too, and Joan Hackett was hilarious) Pretty fun movie overall, as I recall, but would have to see it again to say much more.) 

Ten Little Indians (1965)  Don't think I have seen the movie, but I DID read the book. EVERY body is the killler.  (if I recall) Not my most favorite for Agatha Christie. But then she has a lot of stories, and some I like better than others, but in truth I have only read (or seen the films) for a handful. 

West Side Story (1961)  Romeo and Juliet.. with singing and dancing. ha. VERY good film just for the singing and dancing. Can't say it is my most favorite musical ever.. but still a really fine film, if you want to just to sit back and be amazed at all the talent that went into making it. 

#58 SansFin

SansFin

U. S. Citizen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,915 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 05:33 PM

I know how ridiculously long this list of films I have watched is.  If you find any on the list you wish to comment on, please do.

The Thomas Crown Affair (1968)

This is one of my all-time favorite movies! It is excellent on many levels. It is two very strong personalities dealing with the weakness of falling in love and having to work very hard to maintain their personas. I love in particular that it did not wimp-out with Hollywood ending. Each stayed true to their persona despite being deeply in love. The ending is such a surprise because there seems to be two options but they did a third we did not suspect. It is perfection!

I do think it is biggest mistake that any woman could ever make would be to have priorities other than running away with Steve McQueen and millions of dollars cash.

Fantastic Voyage (1966)

I like this very much. It is based on I. Asimov story. The graphics are amazing for the era.

The Greeks Had a Word for Them (1932)

Ina Claire is a delight in this and Joan Blondell is at her best.

The List of Adrian Messenger (1963)

I like this very much for a number of reasons. I see great faults in it but the whole overcomes them. I believe the removal of cutesy items and a stronger lead would have made it wonderful movie.

The Madwoman of Chaillot (1969)

I find this a wonderful movie! It may be a little longer than need be but the character interactions are quite powerful. The cast is perfect in their roles.

Summer with Monika (1953)

I like this very much. Performances are very powerful.

#59 movieman1957

movieman1957

Chris

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,580 posts
  • LocationAnnapolis MD

Posted 19 November 2015 - 03:42 PM

Man, you have been busy. How long to get through this list? I admire your dedication.

I'll keep a few comments short. (Though I always do much better responding to yours.) I have seen many of these but for some it has been a long time. But for others there are some memorable things....

An American in Paris - some first rate dancing going on here. Whatever one thinks of the underlying story the dancing is to be admired and enjoyed.

Footlight Parade - is where I first saw Cagney dance. I knew the gangster Cagney and read he could dance but had not seen it before this one. Can't say I remember much of the movie but thought he could dance pretty well. He certainly had his own style.

Gunfight At The OK Corral - we've talked about this one and I've always enjoyed it. It's not "Shane" or "The Searchers" but it is good sold entertainment.

Guys and Dolls - didn't care much for Brando here but thought the sets and all those colors were novel. I love Jean Simmons.

Judgement At Nuremburg - is a big undertaking, maybe too big. Tracy, Schell, Widmark, for a start, give fine performances. I thought some of the Dietrich segment might not be needed but it has been a long time since I've seen it.

The List of Adrian Messenger - is a pretty good drama in spite of its gimmick. That part of it was the only drawback as the makeup was so over the top.

Support Your Local Sheriff - one of my favorite comedies. It certainly helps to find Jack Elam was a riot. With Brennan playing against type and the ever affable Garner in the lead it's fun from the opening right through Elam's postscript. "Pooberty."

Westbound - this one really needed Burt Kennedy. It's not that it's awful but that it is just another routine western. Bonus points for Karen Steele.

West Side Story - innovative choreography and glorious music overcome a very broad style of acting that seems more suited to its stage origin than on film. The best part was taking my daughter to see it in the theater a few years ago.

...but enough from me.

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana. 

G. Marx.

#60 FrankGrimes

FrankGrimes

Scott

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,864 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 19 November 2015 - 12:51 PM

Above Suspicion (1943)

Adam Had Four Sons (1941)

An American in Paris (1951)

The Arrangement (1969)

Beach Party (1963)

The Beautiful Blonde from Bashful Bend (1949)

Blonde Crazy (1931)

The Brasher Doubloon (1947)

Buffalo Bill (1944)

Chad Hanna (1940)

The Charge of the Light Brigade (1936)

Charlie Chan in Rio (1941)

A Child Is Waiting (1963)

China Gate (1957)

China Girl (1942)

The Cincinnati Kid (1965)

City of Bad Men (1953)

The Criminal Code (1931)