We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Jerry Lewis

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 MissGulch

MissGulch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 01:19 PM

Just watched HOOK, LINE AND SINKER- very funny, kitschy, what wild and crazy wallpaper and Jerry's hair combing sequence should be put in a time capsule and sent into space- beautiful, wonderful Jerry!

And a belated Happy Birthday to Mr. Lewis,(humanitarian, actor, singer, dancer, director, producer) who said in his autobiography- Jerry Lewis In Person- "The laugh. It's carried me around the globe to places where millions of people are starving for laughter. Where a pratfall or a silly joke is all that it takes to make them forget that their bellies are empty..." and that actually answered a question I've had about the longevity of comedians. Jerry Lewis is a hero to many and on my shortlist with another very wise person, Janusz Korczak, who wrote the Children's Bill of Rights. Thanks TCM for a day with Jerry Lewis!

The Total Film-Maker.

#22 metsfan

metsfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 12:37 AM

I'm so glad others like "Cinderfella". I never get tired of watching it and Mr. Ed Wynn was terrific as the fairy godfather. Do both of you burst out laughing when Cinderella wants to jump on Fella? Jerry amazes me all the time in the dance segment going down the stairs so swiftly.

#23 davedaslave

davedaslave

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 03:38 PM

I've always been a Jerry Lewis fan. I seen Cinderfella at the Cinema when I was a kid.And I have been an avid fan ever since.The Nutty Professor is my personal favorite.

#24 Audreygirl2007

Audreygirl2007

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:41 AM

You're not alone! I liked "Cinderfella". I've seen it probably five or six times. Funny movie!

#25 metsfan

metsfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:44 PM

I'm probably the only one here that likes "Cinderfella" but it's not of the same caliber as the other titles mentioned. Have fun watching his films.

#26 bOb39

bOb39

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:40 AM

I always thought The Bellboy (1960 I think) in B/W, was one of Jerry Lewis' best. It was a departure from his usual screen character mainly because, as the bellboy, he never spoke a word in the film. However, if I remember correctly, there was a scene where Jerry Lewis the celebrity showed up and spoke some lines. He played a dual role briefly, for that one scene. But all the comedy was sight gags and they are funny.

#27 JimCM

JimCM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 01:44 PM

I highly recommend the Jerry Lewis movies directed by Frank Tashlin. They had a wonderful collaboration on such films as "Rock A Bye Baby," "It's Only Money," "Who's Minding the Store?" and "The Disorderly Orderly." Maybe you can find VHS tapes of these on Ebay.

#28 patful

patful

Advanced Age

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,660 posts
  • LocationTejas

Posted 31 January 2009 - 12:03 AM

I haven't seen it in years, but I remember liking *The Ladies Man* (1961) better than *The Nutty Professor* .

#29 Bambi17

Bambi17

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:23 PM

I watched "The Nutty Professor" with Jerry Lewis a couple a weeks ago and loved it! Can anyone recommend another Jerry Lewis film that is just as good?
  • Natalie Webb likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users