We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

How about a new Pre Code photo thread????

• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#201 spartacula

spartacula

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 08:29 AM

I've added a group called 'Putting a Name to the Face'. It takes some scrolling through, but there's many a pic of the more obscure talent from the Pre-Code era. I constantly add to the list. Help spread the word! Thanks.

#202 wouldbestar

wouldbestar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,629 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:05 PM

I don't know about a new thread but I'll try to keep this one going. I love Norma Shearer and find many of her films that were considered naughty refreshingly adult in the way the term should be used-frankly dealing with mature topics rather than today where it means four letter words and anything but in bed. A Free Soul and The Divorceeare just as current today as they were 80 years ago (can you believe that?) and her version of The Barretts is much better tha the 50's one even with it in color.

I also found Night Nurse, Baby Face, and the Ann harding-William Powell film I saw on TCM this month worth watching. If any of these were made today the storylines that make them so long- lasting would be shoved aside to rub our noses in the purely sexual aspects. Adult? Hardly. I'll take pre-code.

#203 ziggyelman

ziggyelman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:33 AM

That old thread hasn't had any posts since I posted a few photos back in July.
And I see a lot of images have fallen by the waywide, sadly enough.
Anyway, I was thinking it would be nice to start this up again.
I am not a big rules guy. Obviously, TCM would frown on nudity, but other than that, post what you want! If it's a great photo, and you aren't sure if it's from later than July of 1934, who cares??? Post it!

Most of the photo hosting sites seem to make everything a thumbnail now, which I guess will make pages load faster. Again, I personally don't care if they are, or are not thumbnails!

I don't care if you reply on an image to say you like it. I just don't care! Well, I care about the photos! ;)

Anyway, I will start this off with some Carole Lombard images I have found on the web, in thumbnail format. Please add whatever you have, of whomever you have! :)

EDIT: Gee, those would go left to right on other forums, not straight down...sigh....
imagebam.com
imagebam.com
imagebam.com
imagebam.com
imagebam.com
imagebam.com
imagebam.com
imagebam.com
imagebam.com
imagebam.com
imagebam.com
imagebam.com