We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

What Are You Listening To?

• Please log in to reply
924 replies to this topic

#921 butterscotchgreer

butterscotchgreer

Baby T

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,200 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 02:31 PM

In my bathroom when I shower or bathe I've been playing Peggy Lee, as conducted by Frank Sinatra, "The Man I Love"....

Hey Dahlink! That's what I've been doing every day too! Every time i take a shower, I have to put on Peggy Lee, Frankie Sinatra, Judy Garland, Nat King Cole, Lena horne or Michael Buble. Heehee!

Right now I'm listening to "Unforgettable" by Nat himself. :D

#922 patful

patful

Advanced Age

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,660 posts
  • LocationTejas

Posted 19 April 2010 - 02:14 PM

Sorry, Chris, I only listen to Sirius Radio now. I haven't bought a CD in years, don't own an MP3 player, and my vinyl is collecting dust in a closet. I switch between 40's on 4 and Sirius Pops (or Symphony Hall ) in the car and on TV. My preferences are Fats Waller on the former, and Tchaikovsky on the latter.

#923 MissGoddess

MissGoddess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,749 posts
  • LocationHaleakaloha and Monument Valley

Posted 19 April 2010 - 10:40 AM

You're such a cultured man! My current music listening has been mostly what's on internet radio's "Boston Pete", which is lots of crooner schmaltz. Sinatra, Crosby, Mel Torme....I never can get enough. However, on my mp3 player I've been listening to Julie London and Kenny Rogers. I like Julie's voice, she's very, very relaxed and that in turn relaxes me. I can also follow along in her key more easily than with other female vocalists (with better voices, ha).

In my bathroom when I shower or bathe I've been playing Peggy Lee, as conducted by Frank Sinatra, "The Man I Love"....

1-sophia-loren--150x150.jpg

#924 movieman1957

movieman1957

Chris

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,581 posts
  • LocationAnnapolis MD

Posted 19 April 2010 - 10:20 AM

I'll start.

Recently I have run through *Rachmaninoff"s Second Symphony* with Andre Previn conducting. This is leading to a Baltimore Symphony Concert next month where it will be the featured work.

The Beatles *Magical Mystery Tour* has been going on. I can't imagine having this originally available as just an EP in England since the US release was expanded and better, I think.

Michael Gettel's *Winter.* He is a fine and long time New Age artist that writes lovely music.

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana. 

G. Marx.

#925 movieman1957

movieman1957

Chris

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,581 posts
  • LocationAnnapolis MD

Posted 19 April 2010 - 10:15 AM

Yes, I am stealing an idea from a friend at another playground to find out what the group here might have recently been enjoying on their stereo of choice.

With the other music threads running very nice daily video treats I though one where we could talk about music we have been listening to might be a little change of pace. Be it classical, pop, rock, country, new age, jazz, film soundtracks or whatever the current forms are (badly showing my age here) tell us what and why.

Critique your favorite, or even least favorite album. Suggest something for someone else. Share a concert experience. Comment on your favorite songwriters or composers. Compare different versions of the same song. Maybe you play an instrument or write songs. Tell us about it.

Anything on music is up for discussion.

So then, what have you been listening to?

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana. 

G. Marx.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users