We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

What Are You Watching Now?

• Please log in to reply
2054 replies to this topic

#2041 Kid Dabb

Kid Dabb

Calling Barranca. Calling Barranca.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,839 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:01 AM

I began with *Rocketship XM (1950)*, paused it to watch *Random Harvest (1942)* and continuing on with *Madame Curie (1943)* - it's a good night at the movies.

FdX2C0H.gif

#2042 Kid Dabb

Kid Dabb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,839 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:47 PM

Finished watching *Beyond Tomorrow (1940)*, then watched
*Charlie Chan: The Feathered Serpent (1948)*.

FdX2C0H.gif

#2043 Kid Dabb

Kid Dabb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,839 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:45 PM

Last night I watched *Things to Come (1936)* and *The Ghost Train (1941)*. I started on
*Beyond Tomorrow (1940)* but fell asleep halfway through - will finish this afternoon.

FdX2C0H.gif

#2044 DownGoesFrazier

DownGoesFrazier

Advanced Spinner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57,245 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 24 May 2010 - 01:54 PM

The book is certainly an"essential".

#2045 misswonderly3

misswonderly3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,116 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:02 PM

If they made it an Essential, and especially if they found a better print for it, it would be a far, far, better thing they have done than they have ever done before.

"....What is it?"

"The stuff that dreams are made of."

#2046 HollywoodGolightly

HollywoodGolightly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,233 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 08:37 PM

> {quote:title=audreyforever wrote:}{quote}
> I just finished my DVR Recording of A Tale of Two Cities that was on back in March. Has this film ever been an Essential???

If it hasn't been, it sure should. Though, hopefully, they could find a better print for it next time.

#2047 audreyforever

audreyforever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 07:03 PM

I just finished my DVR Recording of A Tale of Two Cities that was on back in March. Has this film ever been an Essential???

#2048 Jenetico

Jenetico

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,981 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 04:22 PM

Just finished The Blind Side from Netflix. We are generally NOT new movie fans, so hard to find a decent one without swearing, buckets of blood, sex, nudity, idiotic story lines, overdone special effects and so forth. This movie is outstanding. I am still in awe that this was a true story. Absolutely amazing. I believe the last new movie we liked was Crash. Have viewed that three times now.

BTW we are Cub fans. We just won 5 to 4!!

#2049 faceinthecrowd

faceinthecrowd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • LocationAlphaville

Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:30 PM

I just finished watching FAIL SAFE. Walter Matthau is the real star, and Nancy Berg is memorable in a brief role. (Matthau's character is even more intriguing in the novel.)

I'm now watching an episode from the Emma Peel Megaset.

#2050 movieman1957

movieman1957

Chris

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,580 posts
  • LocationAnnapolis MD

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:32 PM

Sorry. We were looking for something to watch on Netflix and my bride just picked "Wire In The Blood" out of the blue. It's really good. Never heard of it. Don't know anyone in it. We've been through the three of the first season and have the second season lined up.

I hope you will tell me what you think of it.

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana. 

G. Marx.

#2051 patful

patful

Advanced Age

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,660 posts
  • LocationTejas

Posted 01 May 2010 - 10:33 PM

*Most of the evening I have been watching a British police drama called "Wire In The Blood."* - movieman1957

Aaauuuggghhh! You had my hopes up that BBC America had produced some new episodes. *Wire in the Blood* , *Antiques Roadshow* , and *Top Gear* are the only shows on BBC that were worth my time, and I reaallllly miss *Wire* . Bit of a twist? Nah, it's just twisted. :-)

Fred, since beginning renovations on the house, I haven't watched a complete movie for the past month. I did manage to watch a recording of *Deadliest Catch* four days after its air date. Just too much to do, and worry about, to sit down and relax. "Native American Images on Film" (and John Ford) this month could be out for me.

#2052 misswonderly3

misswonderly3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,116 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 May 2010 - 07:57 PM

Last night I watched two of the George Raft movies TCM was featuring, "Background to Danger" and "Invisible Stripes". They were both very good. I'd never thought much about George Raft before, but now I have a new respect for him (not that I disrespected him before, I just didn't have any opinion, really).

"Background to Danger" was especially enjoyable,maybe because Sydney Greenstreet and Peter Lorre were both in it.Plus it was directed by Raoul Walsh, so how can you go wrong?

"Invisible Stripes" cast included William Holden. A very early role for him. What a babyface! He looks so different from how he looks in his later films, I don't know if I would have recognized him if I hadn't known he was in it. (He also looks like a very young kid in "Golden Boy", made the same year, I believe.)

Movieman1957: I'm a Blue Jays fan, myself.

Edited by: misswonderly on May 1, 2010 8:59 PM

"....What is it?"

"The stuff that dreams are made of."

#2053 casablancalover

casablancalover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 07:30 PM

A pleasant family drama where a Cocker Spaniel, a Scottish Terrier,and a Bloodhound conspire to rescue what I believe is a Giant Schnauzer...

Lady and the Tramp:

#2054 movieman1957

movieman1957

Chris

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,580 posts
  • LocationAnnapolis MD

Posted 24 April 2010 - 08:23 PM

Most of the evening I have been watching a British police drama called "Wire In The Blood." Very interesting. Think "Criminal Minds" with a bit of a twist.

(As I write the Orioles are blowing another late inning lead to give the Red Sox a chance to win. No surprise there.)

Edited by: movieman1957 on Apr 24, 2010 9:45 PM. You think I'd get the title right.

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana. 

G. Marx.

#2055 FredCDobbs

FredCDobbs

Show me your badges!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,506 posts
  • LocationTampico. What a town.

Posted 24 April 2010 - 06:21 PM

I?ve seen Robin Hood many times, so I?m watching a DVD of ?Heat Lightening? right now. I recorded it off TCM a few months ago.

This is a great movie, filled with interesting characters. It?s a little similar to ?The Petrified Forest?, but it's more similar to "One Crowded Night" (1940).

Say buddy, will you stake a fellow American to a meal?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users