We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

What Are You Watching Now?

• Please log in to reply
2234 replies to this topic

#41 speedracer5

speedracer5

Errol Flynn's girlfriend in a parallel universe,back in time

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,447 posts
  • LocationForest Grove, Oregon

Posted 10 June 2017 - 01:32 AM

I just finished watching one of my other loves, Ewan McGregor, in "Beauty and the Beast," so now I have to watch him in one of my favorite movies--"Moulin Rouge!"
  • JamesStewartFan95 and CinemaInternational like this

"It's not an old movie if you haven't seen it." -Lauren Bacall

Proud member of:

dxmdyx.png

My classic movie and television blog:

Whimsically Classic

https://whimsicallyc....wordpress.com/

#42 CinemaInternational

CinemaInternational

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 12:04 AM

Just finished Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid courtesy of TCM on Demand. Fine film.
  • LawrenceA likes this

#43 speedracer5

speedracer5

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,447 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 12:03 AM

Now I'm watching the new Beauty and the Beast that I rented from Red Box.
  • JamesStewartFan95 likes this

Proud member of:

dxmdyx.png

Whimsically Classic

#44 JamesStewartFan95

JamesStewartFan95

The Richest Man in Town

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 10:40 PM

Tonight I watched A Fish Called Wanda.
  • TopBilled likes this

#45 speedracer5

speedracer5

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,447 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 09:15 PM

I am watching the new documentary, "Becoming Cary Grant" on Showtime.

• LawrenceA likes this

Proud member of:

dxmdyx.png

Whimsically Classic

#46 TopBilled

TopBilled

Film Writing and Selected Journalism

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36,551 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 04:04 PM

A few of my British serials. They don't air every day of the week, but on Fridays they all air. So I have more episodes to get through today.

"The truth? What good is the truth if it destroys us all..?" -- Mady Christians in ALL MY SONS (1948).

#47 JamesStewartFan95

JamesStewartFan95

The Richest Man in Town

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 09:07 PM

Night and Day starring Cary Grant, Alexis Smith and the fabulous Monty Wooley as himself.

• TopBilled and film lover 293 like this

#48 TopBilled

TopBilled

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36,551 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 08:13 PM

I'm watching PURPLE NOON and working on my review.

"The truth? What good is the truth if it destroys us all..?" -- Mady Christians in ALL MY SONS (1948).

#49 TopBilled

TopBilled

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36,551 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 10:19 PM

I'm watching CREST OF THE WAVE starring Gene Kelly. It's on YouTube. Interesting to see him and fellow MGM contractee Jeff Richards in a Boulting brothers film made in England.

#50 film lover 293

film lover 293

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,594 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:46 PM

Just saw the short film "Bargain Madness" (1951)--Shopaholics aren't to be messed with when at a sale, then or now, LOL.

#51 TopBilled

TopBilled

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36,551 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 06:27 PM

I've been watching some Here's Lucy episodes on Hulu. These are fun to see.

#52 laffite

laffite

Oh Johnneeeeee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,254 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 06 June 2017 - 09:55 AM

I'm skimming through Home Fires and capturing screen shots of Leila Mimmack.

#53 speedracer5

speedracer5

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,447 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 12:34 AM

Tonight is an Astaire/Rogers double feature.  I just finished watching Swing Time and now I'm watching Shall We Dance.  I must say that I find the dance number for the title song to be a bit strange--what's with all the Ginger masks? Though I do like when Ginger herself is wearing a Ginger mask.

I generally find masks kind of creepy to begin with, unless they're hilarious like Jim Carrey's "Mask."  

There's another number in I Love Melvin with Debbie Reynolds where she dances with dancers wearing Fred Astaire and Gene Kelly masks.  That was also a bizarre number.

Proud member of:

dxmdyx.png

Whimsically Classic

#54 TopBilled

TopBilled

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36,551 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 08:44 PM

A cute film on YouTube called INNOCENTS IN PARIS. It's a British comedy about British people in you guessed it Paris. 

Great cast: Alastair Sim; Margaret Rutherford; Claire Bloom; Claude Dauphin; and Laurence Harvey.

screen.jpg

#55 speedracer5

speedracer5

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,447 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 07:05 PM

I'm watching A Tree Grows in Brooklyn live on TCM, which never happens. I've been wanting to see this movie for awhile now.

• Arturo likes this

Proud member of:

dxmdyx.png

Whimsically Classic

#56 Bix12

Bix12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 06:20 AM

I just finished the Howard Hawks film "To Have And Have Not" featuring Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall. As we all know, this was Ms. Bacall's screen debut, as well as the first film she made with future hubby Bogey. Over the course of the next 5 years, they shared top billing in 3 more movies, all made by Warner Bros.. This is a really terrific movie. I've probably seen it at least 6 times, and I've thoroughly enjoyed it every time. 

The story of the behind-the-scenes budding romance between the two leads has become the stuff of Hollywood legend. The chemistry between these two jumps right off the screen, so much so that director Howard Hawks, knowing a good thing when he saw it, took advantage of their onscreen charisma by increasing Ms. Bacall's role by quite a bit. Unfortunately, this cost the other female lead, Dolores Moran, valuable screen time, even though she and Hawks were having an affair of their own during filming.

There are so many great scenes in this film, the most famous being the one in which "Slim" (Lauren Bacall) delivers the line "You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and ... blow ..." . Wow! What an all-time classic scene! I'm sure that line is up near the top of every Greatest Movie Quotes list going. And Bogey's reaction to that line is one of my favorite little Bogart moments. I also love the scene near the end of the film when Slim does her little shimmy move while the great Hoagy Carmichael ("Cricket") plays her out the door...with the hop-stepping "Eddie" (Walter Brennan) in tow. Absolutely wonderful. This movie is full of classic scenes.

Howard Hawks has probably directed more 5-star movies than other director in the history of Hollywood, and To Have And Have Not is one of the best of his best. I doubt if there is anyone in this forum who hasn't seen this terrific movie, but on the off chance that you haven't, you are in for a real treat.

• JamesStewartFan95 likes this

#57 TopBilled

TopBilled

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36,551 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 06:28 PM

I'm watching THE TWO MRS. CARROLLS. 

This picture is above average, not exactly perfect, but something I can watch over and over. 

I love the atmospheric touches-- especially the scenes with all the wind. And for some reason, I like Bogey better when he's a cad.

screen-shot-2017-06-02-at-4-26-24-pm.jpg

• LawrenceA and JamesStewartFan95 like this

#58 TopBilled

TopBilled

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36,551 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 04:07 PM

Watching and working on my review for 

screen-shot-2017-06-02-at-1-13-54-pm.png

#59 TopBilled

TopBilled

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36,551 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 08:33 PM

Peter Gunn season 3. On Amazon Prime.

I'm watching Peter Gunn again. I'm down to the last two episodes. Can't believe the show ended after only three seasons.

#60 TopBilled

TopBilled

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36,551 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 10:36 PM

Peter Gunn season 3. On Amazon Prime.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users