We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Remakes of Musicals in general

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#101 DownGoesFrazier

DownGoesFrazier

Advanced Spinner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57,510 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:32 AM

You seem to be implying that virtually every great movie should be remade, using a fresh approach.

#102 Arturo

Arturo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,905 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 07:38 PM

*Although pretty perfect as they are now the way they were originally made . . . *

Nuff said!

#103 olemusicalfan

olemusicalfan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 11:33 PM

One movie I can heartily agree should be remade is "Words and Music". The musical numbers were all very good but the screenplay was one of the most distorted I've ever seen. It seemingly protrays the life of Rogers and Hart and their time together. I suppose the time frame in which the movie was made probably had something to do with it, but even Rodger's wife said it was awful.

#104 Im4movies2

Im4movies2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 10:27 PM

I'll make a shocking statement and say that some of our long beloved musical films should be remade. Yes why not apply new technical advances and newer approaches with new young talent to redo some classics like: Singing In The Rain and even The Sound of Music. Although pretty perfect as they are now the way they were originally made come on now, it's been over fifty or sixty years and there isn't a fresh approach?

Edited by: Im4movies2 on May 16, 2010 11:28 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users