We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Clips of your favorite scenes

• Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

#141 sagebrush

sagebrush

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Locationwestern USA

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:28 PM

Try not to laugh!   Danny Kaye- The Court Jester

#142 SansFin

SansFin

U. S. Citizen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,915 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 02:34 AM

Very clear. Very cold.

It is a light-hearted and very fun movie which sends chills up my spine.

My Avatar: Little girl ghost from "義足のMoses"

Russian nesting dolls are full of themselves.

#143 JamesStewartFan95

JamesStewartFan95

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 10:23 PM

From one of my favorite 90's films, Pleasantville.

• sagebrush likes this

#144 sagebrush

sagebrush

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Locationwestern USA

Posted 11 March 2017 - 08:02 PM

One of my very favorite scenes- Eli Wallach in the cemetery from The Good, The Bad And The Ugly

#145 metsfan

metsfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:10 AM

Waxworks (1924) - Ivan the Terrible doing what he does best and as someone wonderfully described, "the wedding crasher from hell".

The Man Who Laughs (1928) - Gwyplaine, tired of being chastised, yells out in front of the queen's court "A king made me a clown, a queen made me a lord, but first God made me a man!".

• sagebrush likes this

#146 Lori3

Lori3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:28 AM

From the film "Four Daughters" 1938

"http://www.youtube.c...bed/-3wxT1fFUFY"

This is John Garfield's film debut, and here you can witness a "star being born."

Once John Garfield's character "Mickey Borden" enters into the film, you can't take your eyes off him. He steals the movie, and shocks to audience with his beautiful portrayal of the lost and bitter young musician.

The eternal outsider always looking in.

The first film rebel was born! He paved the way for all the other "film" rebels.

Edited by: Lori3 on May 8, 2012 1:29 AM

Edited by: Lori3 on May 8, 2012 1:40 AM

#147 casablancalover

casablancalover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:29 PM

[The INSIDER (1999)|http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIjpP-XngKA]

#148 johnbabe

johnbabe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:54 PM

I WATCHED THIS FILM LAST NIGHT AND IT BY FAR A GREAT ACHIEVEMENT

WHAT A GREAT FILM!

#149 casablancalover

casablancalover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:41 PM

[The Third Man|http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvnjHevRceQ]

#150 Lori3

Lori3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:08 PM

Yes I agree with you, one of the most sexy scenes ever captured on film. And to think this was all done with their clothes on. In my opinion actors could act back then. Through out the film the chemistry between Garfield and Turner is "red hot." A thousand times better than the newer version with Nicholson and Lange. This of course is just my opinion.

#151 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

There is nothing as bad as something not so bad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,737 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:04 PM

One of the most sexy scenes ever. The minimal dialogue really makes the scenes. What is left unspoken is best left unspoken. Garfield is hooked even if he doesn't know it yet.

Edited by: jamesjazzguitar on Feb 16, 2012 9:05 PM

#152 Lori3

Lori3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:27 AM

This is the famous lipstick scene from "The Postman Always Rings Twice" 1946, starring John Garfield & Lana Turner. It amazing, you can actually see his breath being taken away as he gets his full look at lovely Lana. Then when he makes her come to him to get the lipstick, it is very masculine & sexy. Her look back at him is priceless. It is as if she is saying, "So that the kind of game you want to play." All this is done with minimal dialgoue. Great sexy scene." {font:Arial}{color:black};) {font}

Edited by: Lori3 on Feb 16, 2012 2:27 AM

#153 Lori3

Lori3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:10 AM

Hi Fred. I didn't realize this subject / or thread is so old. Any ways I agree with you that last scene from Fugitive From A Chain Gang is great. I read somewhere that it wasn't planned for the lights to go out when Paul Muni said the last words, "I steal" but that the director liked it so much he left the scene as it was filmed. Great movie, great scene (haunting) and one of Muni's great performances.

#154 casablancalover

casablancalover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:00 PM

I hadn't thought of this movie in a while, but the mention of the title brings this clip back to me entirely. I love the expression on the tech's face at the 4:30 mark; it is the one shot that sells it for me.

I love the use of music in this.

[Close Encounters of the Third Kind|http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYCBgSRNjk0&feature=related]

#155 LuckyDan

LuckyDan

Adjunct Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
  • LocationCarrollton Texas

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:19 PM

Thanks, Mr6.

This one dovetails nicely with your selection, featuring the generation of schoolboys that followed.

Here is Glenn Ford, (as a teacher fortuitously named "Dadier") kicking butt and taking names, in The Blackboard Jungle.

It's fun to see the youthful Vic Morrow and Sidney Poitier playing smoking smirking punks, and Jameel Farah, later known as Jamie Farr, playing . . . what? a kid who seems a little . . . off.

It ends too soon, and anticlimactically. Frustrating if you're into it, but not many clips available on YT of this one.

I wonder if a teacher today, faced with a group like this, could deal with them this way without having to worry about a lawsuit.
Posted Image

#156 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,148 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:19 AM

Just discovered the group "The Yacht Club Boys" from recently aired *Pigskin Parade*

singing "We'd Rather Be in College"
"Whoo-Whoo"

satire on Lubitsch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w99jdB3BH88&feature=related
ode to a radical, "Down With Everything": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkO3ewsVMyg&feature=related
chasing down Al Jolson: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWmxWbwwOA0&feature=related
"My How This Country's Changed": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl1jzcp70oA&feature=related

REAL FUNNY STUFF !!
:^0

"A small elephant is not a rabbit."

#157 casablancalover

casablancalover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:37 AM

Well, you're going to have to play the movie in your mind..

Another favorite of Audrey, a favorite scene of hers:

#158 LuckyDan

LuckyDan

Adjunct Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:14 PM

> {quote:title=casablancalover wrote:}{quote}Tried my best to find the scene of Audrey Hepburn and Albert Finney from Two for the Road where they handle a sluggish MG up the hill..
>
>
>
> Great scene, LuckyDan, I will see if I can post something after work tonight.
Audrey and Albert had some great dialogue in that one. Excellent idea.

One of my sisters (an Audrey wannabe in her youth) tells me Albert reminds her of me in that one. I think she is remembering a time when we were driving one day, bickering about whatever (I think I didn't want to change the radio station). It had been raining earlier and I had my window down. A car passed us and splashed water on my face. She busted out laughing.

I turned the radio up.

#159 casablancalover

casablancalover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:05 PM

Tried my best to find the scene of Audrey Hepburn and Albert Finney from Two for the Road where they handle a sluggish MG up the hill..

Great scene, LuckyDan, I will see if I can post something after work tonight.

#160 LuckyDan

LuckyDan

Adjunct Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:32 PM

That's a good looking film, CBL.

Here's a sequence from Monkey Business I enjoy. It starts too late here - I would have preferred it begin at that car lot where Cary recognizes Marilyn just by the sight of her legs.

Posted Image

"In my opinion, that's a silly song."

I love watching MMs facial expressions here. Happiness, surprise, shock, disappointment. It's all there without a word.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users