We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Best worst horror movie of all time

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 ChristineHoard

ChristineHoard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts
  • LocationGA

Posted 25 September 2017 - 02:10 PM

I have a feeling that poster was a spambot. If you notice, there's a hotlink in his post that takes you...somewhere else. I didn't click, nor would I recommend anyone, as it could be malware, or a torrent site.

Thanks for the heads-up.

#2 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Watchman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,185 posts
  • LocationThe Wild Frontier

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:22 PM

Assuming you mean the current movie, please explain.  It's gotten decent reviews.

I have a feeling that poster was a spambot. If you notice, there's a hotlink in his post that takes you...somewhere else. I didn't click, nor would I recommend anyone, as it could be malware, or a torrent site.

• film lover 293 likes this

#3 ChristineHoard

ChristineHoard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts
  • LocationGA

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:55 PM

For me, The best Worst horror movie is the "IT Movie". Does anybody else feels the same?

Assuming you mean the current movie, please explain.  It's gotten decent reviews.

Edited by TCMModerator1, 21 September 2017 - 05:26 PM.
Quoted hyperlink removed due to copyright concerns

#4 Tom Morvolo Riddle

Tom Morvolo Riddle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:42 AM

For me, The best Worst horror movie is the "IT Movie". Does anybody else feels the same?

Edited by TCMModerator1, 21 September 2017 - 05:24 PM.
Hyperlink removed due to copyright concerns

#5 SleepyDogFilms

SleepyDogFilms

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 09:43 PM

I love how you put "best" worst, because the best of the worst are still really enjoyable. I always dread finding one that sounds like it would be enjoyably bad and then realizing it's just all around bad with not enjoyment factor :)

www.sleepydogfilmsusa.com

www.facebook.com/sleepydogfilmsusa

#6 DJBeacon

DJBeacon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,699 posts
  • LocationMyrtle Beach, SC

Posted 09 July 2016 - 11:52 AM

Tabunga??!!

Don't diss the Tabanga / Tubanga / Tabonga!!  He may have had a sprout that gonna get you!

#7 Swithin

Swithin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,804 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 08 July 2016 - 05:44 PM

I would have to say From Hell it Came. The Tabunga is the worst!

I just came across this old post. Shocking. You know what happened to the poster -- entgirl (only one post) -- who seems to have joined the Board just to dis the Tabanga:

bd2ca27cc14f8592b4e1196c11e6224f.jpg

• LawrenceA and DJBeacon like this

#8 DJBeacon

DJBeacon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,699 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 07:21 AM

Grave of the Vampire

This crazy film has some really good/bad lines, including

"This cake is so delicious. I'm surprised dead people haven't found a way to eat it."

I kinda liked this film because of Michael Pataki's performance.  It definitely needed more William Smith.

#9 Swithin

Swithin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,804 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 13 June 2016 - 08:16 AM

Grave of the Vampire

This crazy film has some really good/bad lines, including

"This cake is so delicious. I'm surprised dead people haven't found a way to eat it."

• Kid Dabb and LawrenceA like this

#10 Kid Dabb

Kid Dabb

Calling Barranca. Calling Barranca.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,839 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 11 June 2016 - 06:36 PM

That's great! I hadn't realized Tor Johnson was soviet scientist Joseph Javorsky who defected from Russia. Now I know why he's so good with numbers.

• LawrenceA likes this

FdX2C0H.gif

#11 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Watchman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,185 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 12:30 PM

Beast of Yucca Flats (1961)

Godmonster of Indian Flats (1973)

• Kid Dabb likes this

#12 LawrenceA

LawrenceA

Watchman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,185 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 12:21 PM

So many to choose from, it's difficult to narrow it down. I'll mention a few:

Manos: The Hands of Fate (1966)

Night Train to Terror (1985)

#13 Tisher Price

Tisher Price

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario, Canada

Posted 10 June 2016 - 08:10 AM

I am going to have to give this a three way tie. It's between the Plan 9 From Outer Space (bad editing, bad acting, bad special FX, bad plotline--still hilarious to watch every Halloween!)-- The Brain Eaters and Blood of Dracula. The former I always get sucked into watching because of the title, not remembering it was an awful movie with no real plot or special FX, plus an out-of-place scene where a group of boys (The movie takes place in a Girl's School) sneak through a girl's dorm room window only to break out in song, I think it was called "Puppy Love." I still get a kick out of this movie though! The worst is when the lead female character "transitions" into a vampire--worse special FX, and this was from around 1957. At first I thought "Well, 1950s... they really didn't master special FX yet--but i'm reminded of 1941's Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde with Spencer Tracy, and they have awesome FX for 1941! So I think the movies I mentioned were on a very very tight budget. The Colossal Beast from the mid 50s early 60s... don't even get me started...!

​"Ya unn't gonna sell this house, an' ya unn't gonna leave it EITHER!"--​Bette Davis as Jane Hudson in What Ever Happened To Baby Jane? (1962)

#14 Tisher Price

Tisher Price

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario, Canada

Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:56 AM

Plan 9 From Outer Space. So bad it's fun to watch.

I was going to say the exact same movie. Bad editing, bad acting, bad plotline, bad special F/X, but it was hilarious, and i'm keeping it as part of my DVD collection. It's a shame though that this was the great Bela Legosi's last and final film before he died.

​"Ya unn't gonna sell this house, an' ya unn't gonna leave it EITHER!"--​Bette Davis as Jane Hudson in What Ever Happened To Baby Jane? (1962)

#15 DJBeacon

DJBeacon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,699 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 07:52 AM

How about "Humanoids from the Deep"?  Maybe not in a class with "Plan 9 from Outer Space" or "Attack of the Killer Shrews", but pretty lame.

#16 Fuster

Fuster

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 01:59 PM

Barbara Payton films.

#17 film lover 293

film lover 293

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,231 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 01:07 AM

"The Navy vs. the Night Monsters (1966)--Mamie van Doren & the Navy vs. Killer TREES.   :)

#18 traceyk65

traceyk65

Is this where the club meets?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,162 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 23 July 2015 - 05:46 PM

One bad movie that really disappointed me was The Yesterday Machine(1963). Former Nazi scientist  sets up a secret laboratory in an abandoned farm house in Texas (or someplace similar) where he invents time travel in an attempt to change history and the Nazi defeat. When the disgruntled Confederate soldiers he's accidently brought forward in time shoot a local boy and his majorette girlfriend disappears, the local sherrif knows it must be Nazis! There's an Egyptian slave girl, a cocky newspaper reporter and a down-on-her-luck lounge singer (who happens to be the majorette's sister).. All the ingredients for a so-bad-it's-good movie are there (implausible plotline, terrible acting/writing, cheap special effects etc), but somehow, it never gels. 

"If you always do what interests you, at least one person is pleased." Katharine Hepburn 

#19 johnm001

johnm001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,978 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 11:46 AM

Assuming GODZILLA qualifies as a horror film, then it's GODZILLA (2014).  Easily, the worst movie I ever saw.  It has absolutely nothing to recommend it.  It's not even bad good.  It's just bad.

Okay, just realized my mistake with my answer, above.  This thread is asking for Best worst, not worst worst.

Wow, that's tougher.  There are so many.  I think I'll go with THE HORROR OF PARTY BEACH/

#20 OllieTSB

OllieTSB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 12:44 PM

I've said this for years... Bela Lugosi is a fine actor, if you ever get to see him in good material. But despite his talent, I find DRACULA a bore.

Yes, if we ever need a film to testify about the additive quality of a musical soundtrack, DRACULA should be part of that lesson-plan.

In films where Bela wasn't The Only Star (or 'actor', even), he always turned in credible even heartening performances.  For example, THE SAINT'S DOUBLE TROUBLE, or much earlier, MARK OF THE VAMPIRE, one of my favorite li'l hidden-gems (which, along with THE PRINCESS AND THE PIRATE, compete for Most Fun Film Ending Ever awards).  And THE INVISIBLE RAY, with Karloff and early lessons on the joy of radioactivity vs. humans.

I wonder who Bela insulted?  Who he humiliated repeatedly so he was kept away from even halfway decent scripts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users