We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Searching for Movie Title - Singing in a Saloon

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Flashalex

Flashalex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, TX

Posted 12 July 2016 - 07:19 PM

This might be a long shot, but I hope you all can help. The only detail of the movie that I remember takes place in a Saloon where an actress is singing a song whose lyrics contain names of several native american tribes. It was a catchy jingle and I'd love to know movie title to see the rest of the film.

Any ideas?

Sounds like the scene in "Annie Get Your Guns" where Chief Sitting Bull makes her his daughter. There are a couple of versions but the one with Betty Hutton (1950) is by far the best. See if this might be the movie you are thinking of. She sings the song "I'm an Indian Too" which lists Seminole, Navajo, Kickapoo, and Sioux in the first line alone. LOL

#2 ericwills

ericwills

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:08 AM

Their are number of ites on net you can use anyone to watch movie.

#3 lanetemple

lanetemple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:00 AM

YO !....Arturo,

At least you are thinking and you are TRYING to HELP.....however, we won't know until "is that you john" gets back to me and answers my questions.

All the Best!,

Ah !.....the THRILL of it ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lanetemple

#4 Arturo

Arturo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,207 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:04 PM

Here's a guess. It's probably wrong because it's not a Western nor is it sung in a saloon. Rather it's the 1947 version of the campus musical GOOD NEWS. Joan McCracken and a cast of dozens sing and dance to "Pass the Peace Pipe", in which many native American tribal names are in the lyrics.

#5 lanetemple

lanetemple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:23 PM

EXCELLENT! fredbaetz,....you got it!!!

Ah! ...The THRILL of it ALL!!!!!!

lanetemple

#6 lanetemple

lanetemple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:14 PM

No problem a'tall movieman.....I knew you were just josh'in me.

All ! the THRILL of it ALL!!!!

lanetemple

#7 movieman1957

movieman1957

Chris

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,580 posts
  • LocationAnnapolis MD

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:13 AM

I figured you did. Just having some fun with it.

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana. 

G. Marx.

#8 fredbaetz

fredbaetz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,189 posts
  • LocationWashington state

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:21 AM

I believe your alias was John Smith..? Not the one with Pocahontas...

AH....the THRILL of it All !!!!!!

#9 lanetemple

lanetemple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:08 PM

No Sir,....my nickname is not Will Sonnet but I know who he is.

Ah!.....the THRILL of it ALL!!!!!!

lanetemple

#10 movieman1957

movieman1957

Chris

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,580 posts
  • LocationAnnapolis MD

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:25 PM

Your nickname must be Will Sonnett.

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana. 

G. Marx.

#11 lanetemple

lanetemple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:59 PM

Howdy is that you john,

I am responding to your post because I think you have a keen sense of humor. Anyway, let me introduce my self ....I am the man who is the only EXPERT on the Western Film Genre in New York, New Jersey, Rhode Island, the city of Boston and the city of Portland, Maine and that's no brag; just FACT. By the way, Portland, Maine was the birthplace of the wonderful John Ford. Anyway, if you like, I can put your question under my microscope and crunch the numbers. However, first I have to ask you the following questions: 1....How much of the film did you watch?...2...If you had to take a guess would you say the film was made in the 1920's ?....1930's...40's? 1950's? 1960's, 70's. etc, etc? 3...Do you recall if the picture was in color or black/ white? 4...Without looking him up, would you know who was the late Jesse Hibbs? 5...The woman who sung the song....was she a blond? redhead? or something else? 6....Did she wear a red garter appox. 2 inches above her RIGHT knee? 7....If there was a leading man in the picture could you describe him?....and did he have 1 or 2 guns in his holster? Those questions may be differcult for you but TRY to answer them honestly.

All the Best!!!

Ah!,,,,The TRILL of it ALL!!!!!

lanetemple

#12 isthatyoujohn

isthatyoujohn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:50 PM

This might be a long shot, but I hope you all can help. The only detail of the movie that I remember takes place in a Saloon where an actress is singing a song whose lyrics contain names of several native american tribes. It was a catchy jingle and I'd love to know movie title to see the rest of the film.

Any ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users