We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

The Forbin Project

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bongoBill

bongoBill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

'Colussus' wasnt the first...'The Invisible Boy' predates it.
'Invisible Boy' is sort of schizoid in wanting to either be sort of light and children oriented, or harder and adult.
The angle with the creator's son at first is played light, includes some hijenks and fun and then begins to go dark when the dad take HIS son to the computer so that the computer can BRAINWASH his son to be able to play chess. The computer uses the son to further its own goals.
If you haven't actually seen this one....give it a shot. Don't let the first 20 minutes or so turn you off from it, give it a chance and pay attention to the dialog.
I think this is another underated little B flick of the 50s.

#2 markfp2

markfp2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,105 posts
  • LocationUpstate, New York

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:53 PM

Welcome to the boards. I can't recall if TCM has ever played it, but I've seen it running now and then on the various Encore premium channels so they may have a lock on the rights to it. I wish TCM could get it, Encore only runs in pan & scan.

#3 rchop1

rchop1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:39 PM

this was the original of the "computer takes over the world " themed flicks. Tons of hits sci-fi movies find thier roots here not the least of which are The Terminator series and The Matrix to name a couple. I am one TCM fan that would love to see this one in a rotation of classic science fiction flicks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users