We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Favorite film soundtracks or film songs

• Please log in to reply
387 replies to this topic

#21 JamesStewartFan95

JamesStewartFan95

The Great Pumpkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 01:27 PM

Well...+did+you+evah%3F.jpg

Well Did You Evah? from High Society sung by the immortal Frank Sinatra and Bing Crosby.

#22 NickAndNora34

NickAndNora34

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque, NM

Posted 14 August 2016 - 09:04 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=AQTH3a0mjR8

The theme for William Wyler's "The Big Country" (1958) 

"Playing with matches, a girl can get burned." -Fiddler on the Roof 

#23 GGGGerald

GGGGerald

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 14 August 2016 - 11:52 AM

#24 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

Borders, Language, Culture & Christian Nation

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,505 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 09 August 2016 - 12:15 AM

Deo Vindice

• MCannady1 likes this

Then the Lord descended in the Cloud and stood at the entrance of the Tabernacle. Numbers 12:5

Figure a man's only good for one oath at a time; I took mine to the Confederate States of America. The Searchers --
John Wayne

This most beautiful system of the sun, planets and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being. Isaac Newton  

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. Genesis 1:2

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under. President Ronald Reagan

In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.  Gen. Robert E. Lee

Movies are written in sand: applauded today, forgotten tomorrow. D.W Griffith

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. Steve McQueen

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Perfect freedom has no existence. The grown man knows the world he lives in, and for the present, the world is Rome. Ben Hur

#25 metsfan

metsfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 09:57 PM

#26 Snakeburm

Snakeburm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 04:08 AM

Favorites I can think of off the top of my head.
Soundtracks from
The Graduate
The Godfather
The Passion of Joan of Arc (Richard Einhorn, Voices of Light)
Dr Zhivago
Fiddler on the Roof
Hair
Jesus Christ Superstar
Pink Floyds The Wall
and of course from one of the best movies, and one of the best composers (IMHO)
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, Ennio Morricone

#27 Tisher Price

Tisher Price

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario, Canada

Posted 16 July 2016 - 10:25 AM

I have always loved the soundtrack to The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975). I have the British version done on stage in the early 70s but I have yet to buy the actual American version that covers the exact recordings from the movie.

Another one is the soundtrack to Grease, which I own.

I also liked the Moulin Rouge soundtrack by that Baz guy (I want to say his last name is Luhrmann...) the 2001 version featuring Ewan McGregor, Nicole Kidman, John Leguziamo (please excuse my "creative" spelling attempts)--that whole soundtrack is wonderful. I've seen McGregor sing in Velvet Goldmine (1998) but he really exercises his lovely singing voice in this film.

I also think the Easy Rider soundtrack though I don't own it, is a great late '60s show case.

Another major movie soundtrack I own which I love is the album featuring the songs from Hair the 1969 (?) musical, the cast album featuring a very young Diane Keaton in the "(I Love) Black Boys" number. Not sure if that's even the proper title lol...

• NickAndNora34 likes this

​"Ya unn't gonna sell this house, an' ya unn't gonna leave it EITHER!"--​Bette Davis as Jane Hudson in What Ever Happened To Baby Jane? (1962)

#28 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,505 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 15 July 2016 - 11:59 PM

Then the Lord descended in the Cloud and stood at the entrance of the Tabernacle. Numbers 12:5

Figure a man's only good for one oath at a time; I took mine to the Confederate States of America. The Searchers --
John Wayne

This most beautiful system of the sun, planets and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being. Isaac Newton  

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. Genesis 1:2

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under. President Ronald Reagan

In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.  Gen. Robert E. Lee

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth. Steve McQueen

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Perfect freedom has no existence. The grown man knows the world he lives in, and for the present, the world is Rome. Ben Hur

#29 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,505 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 11 July 2016 - 11:05 PM

John Wayne

#30 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,505 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 11 July 2016 - 12:09 AM

John Wayne

#31 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,505 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 10 July 2016 - 01:47 AM

• Swithin and CountVictorGrazinsky like this

John Wayne

#32 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,505 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 02 July 2016 - 12:27 AM

John Wayne

#33 Paulll

Paulll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 February 2016 - 07:27 PM

Judy Garland in The Harvey Girls. The Atchison, Topeka and the Santa Fe w/ Cyd Charisse!

• metsfan, GGGGerald and NickAndNora34 like this

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

[Ralph Waldo Emerson]

#34 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,505 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 29 February 2016 - 02:36 PM

John Wayne

#35 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,505 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 22 December 2015 - 09:42 PM

John Wayne

#36 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,505 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 21 December 2015 - 08:15 PM

John Wayne

#37 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,505 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 12 December 2015 - 08:45 PM

• metsfan likes this

John Wayne

#38 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,505 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 09 December 2015 - 10:42 PM

• metsfan likes this

John Wayne

#39 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,505 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 04 December 2015 - 08:57 PM

John Wayne

#40 JakeHolman

JakeHolman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,505 posts
  • LocationGod's Country.

Posted 03 December 2015 - 09:11 PM

John Wayne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users