We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Million Dollar Legs (1932) - put it on TCM

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jamesjazzguitar

jamesjazzguitar

There is nothing as bad as something not so bad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,779 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:03 PM

The film is available in TCM's Universal Rarities boxed set.

So does that mean that the odds are high TCM will show it or low?    

I can see TCM not showing something until the purchase orders start to dry up. 

#2 Trix_of_the_Flix

Trix_of_the_Flix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:37 AM

An oddball comedy for an olympic year! It is unusual, however it falls into that mythical-toy-kingdom genre that was also the formula for "Duck Soup". Also; "Diplomaniacs" (1934 with Wheeler & Woosley) is in my opinon, the funniest of those! Hugh Herbert as the China Man! The supporting players are almost the same as "Duck Soup" (1933)!

Migg Oggle Jigg.

#3 mandog917

mandog917

Advanced Member

• TCM_allow
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:34 AM

I don't know if it's the funniest movie ever made but a friend of mine was in the hospital after an operation. We were visiting him and Million Dollar Legs came on TV. He made us turn it off because he wasn't allowed to laugh and the movie was killing him!

#4 phroso

phroso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,165 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:13 PM

I think Pauline Kael called it the funniest movie ever made. I'd also like to see it again, although I think it's more interesting than funny.

#5 Carbubble

Carbubble

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:44 PM

[I|http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title/83509/Million-Dollar-Legs/] read that Million Dollar Legs (1932) with W.C. Fields & Jack Oakie might be the funniest movie ever made and I've never seen it. Please add it to the TCM schedule.

P.S. also please fix the Suggest a Movie page.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users