We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Blondie

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 samspade170

samspade170

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:41 PM

I remember watching this as a kid also. Blonnnndie!! lol
kiawah rentals

#2 lavenderblue19

lavenderblue19

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,847 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:26 PM

A number of posters having been asking TCM to show the *Blondie and Dagwood* films for years. I know I have. So perfect for week-end mornings on TCM. Really miss those films.

#3 sirstevo12

sirstevo12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:22 AM

I remember watching these in the morning as a kid. Bring em back!

#4 findingnino

findingnino

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

Thank you

#5 DougieB

DougieB

I Love Melvin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:07 AM

Back in its heyday, AMC showed the Blondie movies on Sunday mornings, which I thought was a great idea. TCM showed the Tarzan movies every Saturday for a while, which is the same idea. I'm not sure who would have the rights to Blondie tied up, because I haven't seen any listings for showings, but TCM would be the perfect home for them.

"When Fortuna spins you downward, go out to a movie and get more out of life."...Ignatious J. Reilly, A Confederacy of Dunces

#6 movieman1957

movieman1957

Chris

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,581 posts
  • LocationAnnapolis MD

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:55 PM

It's most likely a rights issue. I think they were Columbia productions and even though TCM has had a pretty extensive relationship with Columbia they have never been, as far as I know, included in the package.

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana. 

G. Marx.

#7 findingnino

findingnino

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:49 PM

*How come you never show Blondie and Dagwood.............................................Nino Spano*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users