We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Mr. Bug Goes To Town

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TopBilled

TopBilled

Film Writing and Selected Journalism

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38,971 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 11:27 AM

I truly enjoyed this film last night. So glad they aired it. It's not something I would have sought out, but it was just so darned cute! Thanks, TCM. :)

"The truth? What good is the truth if it destroys us all..?" -- Mady Christians in ALL MY SONS (1948).

#2 mr6666

mr6666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,394 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 03:45 PM

airs tonite, 6-14 for 'Movie Camp'

8:00 pm ET
Color
78 min
TV-G
short

A grasshopper tries to find a new home for his fellow insects.

DirDave Fleischer CastKenny Gardner , Gwen Williams , Jack Mercer .

Article: http://www.tcm.com/t...n/articles.html

220px-MrBugGoesToTown.jpg

"A small elephant is not a rabbit."

#3 Mario500

Mario500

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:49 PM

According to the programming schedule section of this site, the movie was set to be part of Turner Classic Movies' programming again on the Sunday of June 14th of the current calendar year between the Central times of 7:00 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. (I had also noticed "Mr. Deeds Goes to Town" was listed as the movie to be broadcast afterwards).

#4 Horsecollar

Horsecollar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:35 AM

Hi there,

I missed the airing of the original Mr. Bug Goes To Town back in October. Did anybody happen to record it and can share? I have a couple of different DVD copies that are pretty lackluster prints. I'd love to see the remastered version with the original credits of this great, underrated film.

The other stuff aired that night, I'd love to see as well, including those old silent short cartoons and the restored Gulliver's Travels.

If anybody has any of this that they can share, or if there's any news of TCM re-airing this stuff in the future, please let me know! Thanks a million!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users