We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Meet Me In St Louis

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Kami Koren

Kami Koren

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:38 PM

Is there anyone who can answer this question: During the Trolley scene in "Meet Me In St. Louis", there is a girl who sits to the right of Judy Garland as she sings the Trolley song. She has beautiful black hair, has a wonderful smile and is the girl who gives up her seat to Tom Drake when he arrives. She is also in the dance sequence of Skip To My Lou wearing a gray dress with red trim and a red bow on the back of her hair. I have always wondered about her not only because of her dance skills but she seemed that she could have been or still is, a very warm and personable person. Anyone out there know who she is?

Unfortunately, I don't know.  But, I just think that it's fantastic that you pointed her out; that she caught your eye.  Very cool.

#2 LuckyDan

LuckyDan

Adjunct Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
  • LocationCarrollton Texas

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:48 AM

this question came up a few years ago. see if this helps.

http://forums.tcm.co...ssageID=7851988

#3 samspade170

samspade170

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:50 PM

I have no idea but I do love this movie!
kiawah island rentals

#4 2Ambans

2Ambans

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:36 PM

*Thanks datoms for your response, however, after looking at the picture of Helen Gilbert, she is definitely not the person in question. Helen was a blonde, the girl in Meet Me... is a brunette. I realize that many wore wigs especially for period movies but the facial features are not at all the girl in question. Hopefully there will be someone someday who will finally solve this mystery. Again, thanks so much for your response!*

#5 datoms

datoms

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:07 PM

Hello, I believe that is Helen Gilbert. She was a professional cellist and was a part of the MGM orchestra. She died in 1980 after a long, somewhat successful career.
  • rayban likes this

#6 bella38

bella38

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:20 PM

I am sorry to say I don't know , but I also would like know.

#7 2Ambans

2Ambans

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:37 AM

Is there anyone who can answer this question: During the Trolley scene in "Meet Me In St. Louis", there is a girl who sits to the right of Judy Garland as she sings the Trolley song. She has beautiful black hair, has a wonderful smile and is the girl who gives up her seat to Tom Drake when he arrives. She is also in the dance sequence of Skip To My Lou wearing a gray dress with red trim and a red bow on the back of her hair. I have always wondered about her not only because of her dance skills but she seemed that she could have been or still is, a very warm and personable person. Anyone out there know who she is?
  • Kami Koren likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users