We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Name That Movie: Wealthy Spendthrift Put On A Budget

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DougieB

DougieB

I Love Melvin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:36 AM

In sort of the same genre, you might enjoy "A New Leaf" with Walter Matthau as a spoiled rich guy whose financial advisor can't prevent him from wasting his fortune on cars, etc. The solution is a quick marriage to socially inept heiress Elaine May. She directed and it turns into a fine comedy which finds the heart beneath the cynicism.

"When Fortuna spins you downward, go out to a movie and get more out of life."...Ignatious J. Reilly, A Confederacy of Dunces

#2 samspade170

samspade170

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:44 PM

Havent seen this one but it sounds hilarious.
kiawah rentals

#3 net3431

net3431

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:48 AM

THAT'S IT!!! Thank you very much!

#4 Marysara

Marysara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:30 AM

Sounds familar to 1952 Just This Once with Peter Lawford and Janet Leigh.

#5 net3431

net3431

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:51 PM

Please help me remember the name of this movie. I don't remember any of the actors.

Plot: Handsome rich boy is squandering his inheritance, so his financial advisor assigns him a secretary who will keep him on a budget. He fancies her, and so agrees to the task. Comedy and romance ensues.

It's a black & white, late 1930's or early 1940's (I think).

Edited by: net3431 on Apr 12, 2013 9:54 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users