We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Johnny Carson The Greatest

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TopBilled

TopBilled

Film Writing and Selected Journalism

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37,234 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 09:49 AM

I didn't care for these, and I am glad that TCM is not running them very much anymore. I did not feel they belonged on TCM. And often the interview/clips featured stars whose movies seldom, if ever, play on TCM. Like when was the last time we saw a film starring Mary Tyler Moore on TCM...?

They also kept rerunning the one with Johnny and Drew Barrymore. Yes, it was cute and yes Drew was then co-hosting Essentials with Robert Osborne. But none of her movies are ever broadcast on TCM.

It was an interesting idea that did not really work, in my esteemed opinion.

"The truth? What good is the truth if it destroys us all..?" -- Mady Christians in ALL MY SONS (1948).

#2 scsu1975

scsu1975

Tor B the Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,704 posts
  • LocationEd Wood movie

Posted 16 June 2015 - 02:59 PM

The greatest what ... shorts?

I'm a big boy.

#3 phillygirl52

phillygirl52