We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Question about Age Restrictions

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:00 PM

That does help me. :) I'm aware schedules are bound to change and that there might be a few other certain events she might not be able to attend, I was just concerned that we might get there and suddenly find our festival experience very limited due to her being a minor.

But again, this has helped. Thank you very much for getting back to me! :)

-Sharon

#2 TCMFilmFestival

TCMFilmFestival

Advanced Member

• TCM Member Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:40 PM

Hi Sharon-

With a couple of exceptions, the Vanity Fair party has historically been the one festival event restricted to those age 21 and over. However, as the 2014 festival event schedule is still being developed, and will continue to be for the next several months, we can't guarantee there won't be additional events restricted to those 21 and over at this time. That said, your niece will be able to attend the vast majority of exciting festival events and is bound to have a great time.

If you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact the box office directly at filmfestival at tcm.com or at 877-826-5764.

We hope to see you both in Hollywood next April!

-TCM Classic Film Festival

#3 Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:20 PM

Hi, I'm hoping to attend the 2014 TCM Film Festival, it would be first time. All along I've been planning on attending with my 17-year-old niece. I understand that you must be at least 18 years of age in order to buy your pass, that's not what I'm confused about. After reviewing some of the 'terms & conditions' I see that there are certain things and events where she might not be allowed admittance, but it doesn't tell me what all of those things and events are. It specifies on a couple things, but then only tells me that there may be other events and such that might refuse her admittance because of her age.

My question is, I need to know everything that she'll be refused admittance to. Because if she's refused admittance, then A) I'll feel badly that she'll be left out, B) she won't be getting her money's worth, and C) I'll have to be left out on the events myself because, as the 24-year-old guardian, I must stay with her at all times.

I'm not complaining, I simply need some clarification on this. So if anyone knows the answers to my questions, please let me know. Thank you!

-Sharon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users