We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

You Never Can Tell(1951)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Angel Eyes

Angel Eyes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 10:06 AM

Until I read your synopsis of, "YOU NEVER CAN TELL", I thought that I was a one member admiration team who has been in love with this film for an eternity. I was beginning to feel the urge to eat kibble and outrace a city bus because it has been nearly 20 years since I had last seen this imaginative romp through Animal Heaven. I have even placed a ongoing search for this film on my TV's own directory that would have rivaled any of Kings detective work.I even placed a double whammy on the ole' search function when I went and listed another search for that Humanimal, Dick Powell. But, I never so much as got one nibble from either of the searches. Now that I've found you, I'm keeping my third eye out for you.

#2 Angel Eyes

Angel Eyes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 10:05 AM

Until I read your synopsis of, "YOU NEVER CAN TELL", I thought that I was a one member admiration team who has been in love with this film for an eternity. I was beginning to feel the urge to eat kibble and outrace a city bus because it has been nearly 20 years since I had last seen this imaginative romp through Animal Heaven. I have even placed a ongoing search for this film on my TV's own directory that would have rivaled any of Kings detective work.I even placed a double whammy on the ole' search function when I went and listed another search for that Humanimal, Dick Powell. But, I never so much as got one nibble from either of the searches. Now that I've found you, I'm keeping my third eye out for you.

#3 bOb39

bOb39

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 04 January 2015 - 11:39 AM

I'd like to see this comedy.  I think I saw it listed on TCM a number of years ago and I missed it.  I wish they would pick it up again.

That Chuck Berry song bears no relation to this movie, but I love that record.

bOb

#4 mistervegan

mistervegan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Locationmilwaukee, wisconsin

Posted 02 October 2014 - 05:34 AM

never seen the flick, but chuck berry cut a great song baring a similar title.

#5 ERROL23

ERROL23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:24 AM

King a german shepherd is the luckiest dog in the world.His owner died and left him six million.Kings keeper Ellen Hathaway(Peggy Dow)is next in line if anything happens to King.
King is poisned and sent to animal Heaven.The Lion King in charge agrees to let King return to find his killer.King is reincarned as Rex Shephard(Dick Powell)a private detective.Sent along with him is Golden Harvest (Joyce Holden)a former champion race horse.Rex doesn't believe Ellen was the killer because she loved him.Perhaps it could be Perry Collins(Charles Drake)an animal hater.
Very Funny Movie.
Good scene when Golden Harvest wants to go to the racetrack to see her granddaughter(Another horse)run.Golden Harvest was a grandmother when she was six.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users