We're excited to present a great new set of boards to classic movie fans with tons of new features, stability, and performance.

If you’re new to the message boards, please “Register” to get started. If you want to learn more about the new boards, visit our FAQ.

Register

If you're a returning member, start by resetting your password to claim your old display name using your email address.

Re-Register

Thanks for your continued support of the TCM Message Boards.

X

Kyle Kersten was a true friend of TCM. One of the first and most active participants of the Message Boards, “Kyle in Hollywood” (aka, hlywdkjk) demonstrated a depth of knowledge and largesse of spirit that made him one of the most popular and respected voices in these forums. This thread is a living memorial to his life and love of movies, which remain with us still.

X

Photo

Totally Tooned In

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ValentineXavier

ValentineXavier

I got myself into a situation here that I can't get out of.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:44 AM

>The series was curated by “good friend of ours” Jerry Beck,

Makes me wish I could get Antenna TV.

"Those who would give up essential liberty
to purchase a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty, nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin 1775

"I know that the hypnotized never lie... Do ya?"
Pete Townshend 1971 

#2 PhygLeGuy

PhygLeGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:40 AM

The series was curated by ?good friend of ours? Jerry Beck, who also put together this handy episode guide: http://www.cartoonre...om/tooned1.html

It contains the complete run of theatrical Magoos. Mr. Beck says they are 52 in number, while http://en.wikipedia...._Magoo_cartoons shows 54. My hard drive contains 53, all of which are on Mr. Beck's list, and the one titled Bathtub-Horn appears nowhere on the Internet other than on the Wikipedia list.

There is some overlap with the Jolly Frolics DVD set that TCM put their name on a few years ago. Some of the shorts are edited for time on Totally Tooned In, and all of them have credits displaced to the end of the half-hour. The series tends to disappear and reappear from the Antenna schedule, and they don?t always pick up where they left off. So little classic animation is being broadcast anywhere these days, so go, fill your hard drive, and be glad.

#3 sfpcc2

sfpcc2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:16 PM

Has anyone see something called Totally Tuned In on Antenna TV? It's a program that show relatively obscure cartoons from Columbia, UPA, and other studios. Some of what I've seen it are a alot of the original MR Magoos, The Fox And Crow from Columbia, and the original Madeline cartoon, (the one about the little French girl in boarding school.) It's on Sunday and Saturday morning at 9 and 9:30 AM (EST.)

On a unrelated note I once saw a cartoon called MR Magoo Gets Lasex Surgery. It was very boring.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users